mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Gospel/Blues Patches &Preset;Performance for Motif XF"

Posted on: July 29, 2014 @ 11:59 AM
dhollingsworth
Total Posts:  2
Joined  04-22-2013

Help! My name is Dminor, a gospel musician, and a very grateful owner of the Motif XF6, but I’ve been unsuccessful in locating patches,preset performances for my genre Traditional black gospel, and Quartet sounds.
Free is nice, but I’m interested in paying for quality sounds.The Factory sounds just don’t work.  Please advise, thank you in advance.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: July 29, 2014 @ 04:57 PM
DavePolich
Total Posts:  6820
Joined  07-27-2002

Traditional black gospel doesn’t call for any particular type of sound that can’t be achieved on the Motif or MO synths. What exactly is it you’re looking for? Particular organ sounds?
When it comes to piano, gospel music just involves a style - the piano itself doesn’t “care”
what style is being played on it.

Please explain EXACTLY what you’re seeking.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: July 30, 2014 @ 01:56 PM
dhollingsworth
Total Posts:  2
Joined  04-22-2013

First, thank you for the quick response. I purchased both DVDs in order to learn as much I possible about my Motif XF, I tried to Twick the factory preset performances in the user banbank.but to no avail. The sounds I desire would have simple beats, like blues, old RnB, lead guitar, bass sounds.  Gospel quartet groups like; the Canton Spirituals, Lee Willaims.  Yes, I’ve looked into the goespelmusicians site, but it was more urban contemporary sounds. I called, and emailed them for help, but they never responded. I have purchased sounds from sites like producerloops, bigcitcitiloops, but I’m still trying to master loading from my laptop with Cubase 6 to my keyboard. (Newbie) Thanks for any help you can offer.
Respectfully, Dminor

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: July 31, 2014 @ 09:45 PM
DavePolich
Total Posts:  6820
Joined  07-27-2002
dhollingsworth - 30 July 2014 01:56 PM

First, thank you for the quick response. I purchased both DVDs in order to learn as much I possible about my Motif XF, I tried to Twick the factory preset performances in the user banbank.but to no avail. The sounds I desire would have simple beats, like blues, old RnB, lead guitar, bass sounds.  Gospel quartet groups like; the Canton Spirituals, Lee Willaims.  Yes, I’ve looked into the goespelmusicians site, but it was more urban contemporary sounds. I called, and emailed them for help, but they never responded. I have purchased sounds from sites like producerloops, bigcitcitiloops, but I’m still trying to master loading from my laptop with Cubase 6 to my keyboard. (Newbie) Thanks for any help you can offer.
Respectfully, Dminor

Oh, ok...so it seems that you are looking
for pre-programmed beat+instrument
“loops” to play along with. And you didnt
find them in any of the Performances.

This indicates that you are a newcomer to
electronic music production, although you
have been playing gospel music for some time.

Correct?

If so, then here’s the thing. One, the Motif
(or any workstation) can’t read your mind
and doesnt know what styles or songs you’re
thinking of. I suggest you make a list of gospel
songs that you prefer and like and
maybe know, then find someone to program
Midi or audio tracks based on your list.

I myself do that kind of thing, you can send me
a PM ( private message) about it if you like.

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Acoustic Steel Guitar installation resets the whole XF
Next Topic:

Cars Drive XF (or XS) ››