mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "OS Upgrade V1.50!"

Page 6 of 6
Posted on: February 09, 2014 @ 12:14 PM
I_Too_Say_So_Long
Total Posts:  728
Joined  09-20-2011

removed

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 09, 2014 @ 01:02 PM
moxrox
Total Posts:  440
Joined  11-28-2011

I just upgraded to 1.50, but realized afterward that I didn’t fully follow the instructions correctly.  When I did my “save all,” I set Save FL1 and Save FL2 to “none” (instead of “without sample” as per the directions).  After saving and upgrading, I loaded the new voices and performances (using Load FL without sample), then loaded my “save all” file, also using Load FL without sample.  Will my samples still be linked correctly?

If they won’t, can I correct them by restoring an older save file that used FL without sample, then restore the latest one using “none”?  There weren’t any changes to any of the samples between these two backups, just maybe a few tweaked voices.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 09, 2014 @ 02:42 PM
5pinDIN
Total Posts:  11891
Joined  09-16-2010
moxrox - 09 February 2014 01:02 PM

I just upgraded to 1.50, but realized afterward that I didn’t fully follow the instructions correctly.  When I did my “save all,” I set Save FL1 and Save FL2 to “none” (instead of “without sample” as per the directions).  After saving and upgrading, I loaded the new voices and performances (using Load FL without sample), then loaded my “save all” file, also using Load FL without sample.  Will my samples still be linked correctly?

If they won’t, can I correct them by restoring an older save file that used FL without sample, then restore the latest one using “none”?  There weren’t any changes to any of the samples between these two backups, just maybe a few tweaked voices.

You seem to be confusing the Save options (at the bottom left side of the display) with the Load options (at the right side).

FL1 > None and FL2 > None are Load option settings, they don’t affect how a file is Saved.

Loading “without sample” might have caused duplicated Waveforms, but it’s unlikely that your samples have been “orphaned”.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 09, 2014 @ 03:01 PM
5pinDIN
Total Posts:  11891
Joined  09-16-2010
chasmanian - 09 February 2014 12:08 PM

thank you very much. its done.
I did not have to do 1.4 first.

As you found out, there is no need to do an incremental update. The most recent version of the OS can be installed no matter which version is currently installed.

chasmanian -

now I would love to know what will happen, if I put the new voices/performance update on my XF8.
will I lose what was already there?
it says it will overwrite whats already there.
does that mean that I would, for example, lose performance 001 which is piano electro. I like that selection. would I have to save it some where, if I want to keep it?

Yes, loading NewVoiceV1.5.n3.X3A will overwrite your data. That’s the reason to save an “All” file beforehand. After loading the NewVoice file, you can determine if you want to keep any of the new Voices found in User 2 or Performances in User 2. Make note of which, if any, you like. You can then reload the “All” file you previously saved, and load individually what interests you from the NewVoices.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 09, 2014 @ 03:59 PM
chasmanian
Total Posts:  319
Joined  01-27-2014

thank you so much. recording friend right now. back later.

hey 5pinDIN, I think I follow you pretty good here.
I have been reading and trying to make sense of it.
when I load the NewVoices file, would you please tell me what settings to have?
like usr to usr........
or, if I have to put with samples or without samples anywhere?

when I get done auditioning the new Voices and Performance, and have selected some that I want to keep, I am guessing that I will:
first load the All file. this will over write the XF8, and I will be returning the XF8 to having the Voices and Performances that were on it, from the factory, i.e., before I over wrote it with the NewVoices file.
now I need, please and thank you, step by step instructions on how to load the Voices and Performances from the NewVoice file.
I think that I have to go to existing User Voices and Performances, that I will overwrite with the new Voices and Performances and press the Store button. how am I doing ?

would you please tell me what settings I need to make?
such as usr to usr.....
and with sample, without sample, none...........

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: July 28, 2014 @ 11:14 PM
pianos4
Total Posts:  1
Joined  03-22-2012

Una pregunta.
Acualicé el motif, instalé los nuevos drivers y los editores. Necesito tener instalado el cubase 6 o 7, o me alcanza con el cubase 5AI? Tengo este último desde que compré el motif xf6

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: July 29, 2014 @ 06:05 AM
I_Too_Say_So_Long
Total Posts:  728
Joined  09-20-2011

removed

[ Ignore ]  

Page 6 of 6

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Ethernet, iPad and Core Audio
Next Topic:

Program Change from Performance ››