mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Free Yamaha Apps for iOS"

Page 1 of 2
Posted on: July 22, 2014 @ 01:56 PM
VikasSharma
Total Posts:  1523
Joined  10-05-2010

In celebration of 40 years of Yamaha synthesizers, Yamaha is now offering free download of seven apps for use with musical instruments!

Free Yamaha iOS Apps

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: July 22, 2014 @ 03:57 PM
I_Too_Say_So_Long
Total Posts:  728
Joined  09-20-2011

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: July 22, 2014 @ 04:03 PM
stoneb3
Total Posts:  851
Joined  06-05-2011
VikasSharma - 22 July 2014 01:56 PM

In celebration of 40 years of Yamaha synthesizers, Yamaha is now offering free download of seven apps for use with musical instruments!

Free Yamaha iOS Apps

Hello to you Vikas,
Thanks for the heads up, a nice offering from Yamaha.
Stone

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: July 23, 2014 @ 05:26 AM
VikasSharma
Total Posts:  1523
Joined  10-05-2010

Awesome set of apps. Very-very cool indeed. Thank you, Yamaha!

Incidentally, these apps were not available in the India App Store before this free offering, even at a price. Mobile Music Sequencer and Keyboard Arp & Drum Pad are still not available. Maybe later.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: July 24, 2014 @ 08:21 AM
digitalperformer7
Total Posts:  253
Joined  12-07-2011

I should have been smarter and wait for the 40th.... I already have these apps, but I payed for them.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: July 24, 2014 @ 08:44 AM
I_Too_Say_So_Long
Total Posts:  728
Joined  09-20-2011

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: July 24, 2014 @ 09:44 AM
antitolg
Total Posts:  5
Joined  04-30-2014
VikasSharma - 23 July 2014 05:26 AM

Awesome set of apps. Very-very cool indeed. Thank you, Yamaha!

Incidentally, these apps were not available in the India App Store before this free offering, even at a price. Mobile Music Sequencer and Keyboard Arp & Drum Pad are still not available. Maybe later.

same here (were previously unavailable for purchase).

would anyone happen to know how to use the “learn” function in setlist manager (that is, how to transmit a program from the keyboard while the “learn” button is on) and include masters or performances in these slots?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: July 24, 2014 @ 11:50 AM
richie1027
Total Posts:  686
Joined  10-14-2008

Thank you....as with other free offers, this has not hit the US.  I have several of those and enjoy them periodically.  Even tho they are not free, they are priced competitively.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: July 24, 2014 @ 12:14 PM
SSquared
Total Posts:  165
Joined  01-29-2014

That’s strange.  They have been showing up as free in the US store for quite some time.  I picked up Mobile Music Sequencer which I did not already have (as I don’t really need it).  I have had the editors and set list organizer for quite some time and they are all terrific apps.  My most used is probably the Voice Editor, though since getting the MOXF, I have easier editing capabilities on-board than I did with Rack-XS or S90.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: July 24, 2014 @ 01:43 PM
Mantra
Total Posts:  51
Joined  10-05-2011

I got all excited about this too, but its also not available in South African app store…

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: July 27, 2014 @ 07:35 AM
spike88
Total Posts:  154
Joined  06-24-2008

Tried to get these but you are directed to the Apple iStore and it’s a nightmare to navigate and get the right info on screen. They finally ask you for other information at the end and you have to start all over again - I gave up

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: July 27, 2014 @ 09:27 AM
Mantra
Total Posts:  51
Joined  10-05-2011

Hi

I created a US iTunes account by following the instructions here :-

http://open-us-itunes-account-south-africa.blogspot.com

which should work for any country where the apps are not available in the local App Store. I figured that given yamaha’s intention is have them be freely available worldwide theres no harm done. And the south african appstore is a bit lame…

I downloaded several of the apps as I also wanted to evaluate whether to not to actually purchase an iPad because I’ve never really had a compelling application for one. So I tried them out on my iPhone as a sort of proof of concept...Unfortunately the main app I wanted to use was the multi-editor and in particular the remote fader component of it which is not available for iPhone. Instead I got faders which does 4 channels of faders from the iPhone. Interestingly this works without requiring a wireless usb lan adaptor if you have your motif connected to your router via ethernet. It found the motif with no issue and works very well. That said, it does change the midi port to ethernet which means the weighted keyboard I had attached via the computer and usb stops communicating with the motif. So if I wanted to run both I’m guessing I’d need a midi->iPad connector of some description and then the iPad/phone would transmit both keyboard and controller messages....

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: July 27, 2014 @ 11:56 AM
spike88
Total Posts:  154
Joined  06-24-2008

I’d already got an iTunes account for the UK - I’ve e-mailed them for help but I don’t hold out any hope as they seem to be one of the worst outfits for communication I’ve ever come across.
I shall phone Yamaha tomorrow and sort it.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: July 28, 2014 @ 07:01 AM
leonguelpa
Joined  05-12-2010

Hi Manta

The apps are actually available in the south african store, only the mobile music sequencer is not available but all the others are. Search for yamaha and sroll down, you will find them

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: July 28, 2014 @ 07:20 AM
leonguelpa
Joined  05-12-2010

HI Antilog

“Would anyone happen to know how to use the “learn” function in setlist manager (that is, how to transmit a program from the keyboard while the “learn” button is on) and include masters or performances in these slots? “

as far as what I seen, you can only use it for voices and not for master and performances, to use it is very easy, you press learn and on your motif select the program you want to use, once selected press learn again and it will save that registration, now continue with the next program

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: July 28, 2014 @ 03:56 PM
Reynolds230
Total Posts:  36
Joined  01-14-2013
VikasSharma - 22 July 2014 01:56 PM

Free Yamaha iOS Apps

Hi All,

Would these IOS Apps work with the MOXF?

[ Ignore ]  

Page 1 of 2

Previous Topic:

‹‹ VOCODER IN SONG MODE
Next Topic:

Drum VOICES TRANSPOSE REMOVED IN XF? ››