mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "MOXF6/MOXF8 V1.10 Operating System Update"

Page 2 of 3
Posted on: July 23, 2014 @ 10:37 AM
syamtajuddin
Total Posts:  19
Joined  06-18-2014

Thanks 5pinDIN. The update process went smooth. However, I lost all my song and pattern I created. It’s my fault really, I did not back it up before I update (too impatience I guess, because all the Yamaha controller apps just be made available in my country..hehe). Luckily I was not working on any project right now. Thanks again!

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: July 23, 2014 @ 11:18 AM
5pinDIN
Total Posts:  11891
Joined  09-16-2010
syamtajuddin - 23 July 2014 10:37 AM

Thanks 5pinDIN. The update process went smooth. However, I lost all my song and pattern I created. It’s my fault really, I did not back it up before I update (too impatience I guess, because all the Yamaha controller apps just be made available in my country..hehe). Luckily I was not working on any project right now. Thanks again!

You’re welcome.

I’m sorry that you lost your Songs/Patterns, but yes, you should have done a backup, as instructed in the OS updater Readme file:
Updating Procedure

NOTICE:
All User data (User Voices, Performances, Song and so on) will be initialized by this updater. Please make sure that you save all User data to a USB flash memory before performing this update.

I’m glad that you weren’t currently working on a project.
Hopefully your post will serve as a reminder to others…

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: July 23, 2014 @ 11:23 AM
cmayhle
Total Posts:  3116
Joined  10-05-2011
5pinDIN - 23 July 2014 11:18 AM

...NOTICE:
All User data (User Voices, Performances, Song and so on) will be initialized by this updater. Please make sure that you save all User data to a USB flash memory before performing this update.

I’m glad that you weren’t currently working on a project.
Hopefully your post will serve as a reminder to others…

Yes, a good reminder without pain attached!

They don’t insert that paragraph in the instructions to assist in wasting more paper and ink when printing them out!

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: July 26, 2014 @ 07:24 AM
bdpianoman
Total Posts:  18
Joined  05-07-2014

So, has anyone that has updated the firmware to the new v1.10 on their MOXF noticed any glitches/issues yet?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: July 26, 2014 @ 11:36 AM
DavePolich
Total Posts:  6820
Joined  07-27-2002
bdpianoman - 26 July 2014 07:24 AM

So, has anyone that has updated the firmware to the new v1.10 on their MOXF noticed any glitches/issues yet?

There has never been, to my knowledge, an Yamaha synth O.S. update that introduced
glitches or issues. And I’ve been part of the Yamaha sound design team since 1991 and
have worked on every electronic musical product they’ve put out since then.

This isn’t Windows we’re talking about, it is a synthesizer O.S. update. Relax and install it.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: July 26, 2014 @ 12:25 PM
bdpianoman
Joined  05-07-2014

Thanks, Dave.  Since I’m new to music production, just wanted to make sure the new firmware update was glitch-free before updating. Thanks.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: July 26, 2014 @ 01:22 PM
SSquared
Total Posts:  165
Joined  01-29-2014

I’ve been using it now for several days (maybe clocked 10 - 12 hours) with absolutely no issues.  I’ve saved/loaded using a USB thumb drive, edited patches, performances, voices referencing the flash board have no problems, connected USB to iPad (both iOS6 and 7) for MIDI/Audio, used the A/D Input for audio source.  I have had no issues so far.  Confident enough to use it for a gig last night and have no plans to switch back.  One thing I have not yet done is format the flash and reload from USB.

As I stated earlier, the one issue I did run into was with the Yamaha Steinberg USB Windows Vista driver.  The old Windows USB driver does not recognize the synth if it’s running OS 1.10, but the new driver will not work under Vista.  Again, this is ONLY for Windows Vista and specific to using the MOXF’s built-in USB MIDI/Audio interface.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: July 26, 2014 @ 01:46 PM
bdpianoman
Joined  05-07-2014

Thanks, SSquared!!! Great to know.  I plan to work on the update in the days.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: July 27, 2014 @ 03:23 PM
Botanicus
Total Posts:  20
Joined  06-03-2014

Hi,

Just updated my MOXF to 1.102 successfully and reloaded backup data.

My iOS is the latest 7.02 or whatever.  When I plug the iPad Air into the MOXF using the lightning connector, however (i.e. the supplied iPad cable to the ‘to device’ slot), it says ‘incompatible USB device’.  Am I connecting it wrong?  What am I missing??

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: July 27, 2014 @ 03:40 PM
R.U.doin
Total Posts:  16
Joined  09-29-2007
Botanicus - 27 July 2014 03:23 PM

Hi,

Just updated my MOXF to 1.102 successfully and reloaded backup data.

My iOS is the latest 7.02 or whatever.  When I plug the iPad Air into the MOXF using the lightning connector, however (i.e. the supplied iPad cable to the ‘to device’ slot), it says ‘incompatible USB device’.  Am I connecting it wrong?  What am I missing??

From what I understand is that you use the “To Host” usb connection (printer cable) on the MOXF and use the Apple Camera Connection Kit. That’s how you should connect the MOXF to your ipad.

I haven’t tried it yet, so I hope it helps.

Rudo

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: July 27, 2014 @ 03:49 PM
Botanicus
Joined  06-03-2014

Thanks.  The ‘To Host’ USB port makes sense, but when I look the the Camera Connection kit the available connections don’t seem to match up as far as getting from the kit to the iPad Air.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: July 27, 2014 @ 07:40 PM
bdpianoman
Joined  05-07-2014

Botanicus, you use the cable that came with the MOXF to connect the “To Host” connection on the MOXF to the camera kit, which should in turn be attached on the other end to the iPad Air.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: July 28, 2014 @ 11:56 AM
Botanicus
Joined  06-03-2014
R.U.doin - 27 July 2014 05:51 PM

http://store.apple.com/us/product/MD821ZM/A/lightning-to-usb-camera-adapter?aid=www-k2-ipad+-+accessories&cp=k2-ipad+-lightning+to+usb+camera+adapter

Thanks!!  That cord/adaptor makes sense, prior searches for a camera ‘kit’ found options that didn’t match up with the iPad Air and MOXF cord connectors.

Appreciate the help!

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: July 28, 2014 @ 09:57 PM
nbadesign
Total Posts:  994
Joined  08-20-2007

Although it is not written in Read.me file that came with 1.10 Update, iPad2 is also supported using standard 30pin camera connection kit and USB cable for MOXF. On iPad2 the latest iOS 7 should be installed.

Alex

[ Ignore ]  

Page 2 of 3