mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Compatability of System Exclusie Setup Data Between MOX and MOXF"

Posted on: July 07, 2014 @ 08:23 PM
MarkJohnson
Total Posts:  75
Joined  09-03-2013

I’ve invested a bit of time getting my MOX configured for a specific set of material and have backed up the settings.  I’m now considering getting a MOXF.  Can I restore my MOX settings in a MOXF using the MOX backup? It appears that they share a lot of the same architecture and parameters.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: July 07, 2014 @ 09:00 PM
5pinDIN
Total Posts:  11891
Joined  09-16-2010

From page 157 of the MOXF Reference Manual, the MOXF is compatible with these MOX files:
All .X4A
AllVoice .X4V
AllArp .X4G
AllSong .X4S
AllPattern .X4P

As to SysEx (mentioned in your topic), the MOXF is not compatible with MOX messages. The model ID is intentionally different to prevent reception of data meant for another synth.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: July 25, 2014 @ 11:19 AM
MarkJohnson
Joined  09-03-2013

The settings that I’ve made in the MOX8 include tweaks of voice parameters, layers, splits, and MIDI channel assignments (from external keyboard) all within the Song mode.  Are these changes covered in the following file types:

All .X4A
AllVoice .X4V
AllArp .X4G
AllSong .X4S

If I could port over all my MOX changes to the MOXF, that would save me a lot of time.

Mark

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: July 25, 2014 @ 11:35 AM
cmayhle
Total Posts:  3116
Joined  10-05-2011

From what you have described, I would say an ALL file will contain the required data… including system utility settings.

If you have access to a MOXF (such as at a local music store), why not take in a file and LOAD it in?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: July 26, 2014 @ 02:37 PM
MarkJohnson
Joined  09-03-2013
cmayhle - 25 July 2014 11:35 AM

From what you have described, I would say an ALL file will contain the required data… including system utility settings.

If you have access to a MOXF (such as at a local music store), why not take in a file and LOAD it in?

Excellent!  That’s great to hear.  Brilliant idea re testing the transfer at a store.  Will first read how to create the specific ALL file on the MOX, and equally important, how to run a “Restore-to-Factory” initialization on the MOXF to leave the store’s machine back to factory.

Thanks, cmayhle!

[ Ignore ]