mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Drumk kits in MOX 6"

Posted on: July 23, 2014 @ 10:45 AM
pmat3155
Total Posts:  12
Joined  02-21-2014

I am trying to play midi files (in XG format) in my MOX. From comments I received from a previous post, I was able to fix most of the sounds and effects. However, the drums don’t sound the same on my MOX compared to PSR. I know PSR has different Drum and SFX kits. Is there a way to make the MOX play the correct drums? Can XG drum kits be loaded in to MOX? As an example here is the MSB LSB PC for two tracks in the MIDI file that didnt produced the right sounds.
Track 9 : 127 000 025 and 126 000 035
Track 10 : 127 000 001
I would really appreciate any help.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: July 23, 2014 @ 09:12 PM
DavePolich
Total Posts:  6820
Joined  07-27-2002

You answered your own question. You’ll never get the drums in your Mo X to sound like the
PSR drums because those drum sounds are different.

Why would it matter, anyway? As long as the drums sound “good”, it makes no difference at
the end of the day.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: July 23, 2014 @ 10:21 PM
5pinDIN
Total Posts:  11891
Joined  09-16-2010
pmat3155 - 23 July 2014 10:45 AM

I am trying to play midi files (in XG format) in my MOX. From comments I received from a previous post, I was able to fix most of the sounds and effects. However, the drums don’t sound the same on my MOX compared to PSR. I know PSR has different Drum and SFX kits. Is there a way to make the MOX play the correct drums?[...]

You weren’t specific, so I presume that you mean the mapping of drum sounds in the XG and MOX kits you’re using doesn’t agree. If so, you could try to match whichever XG drum kit you need to what’s available in the MOX. If by comparison you find nothing that’s an exact match, you could edit a MOX kit and store it in a User Drum location.

These should help in determining available maps…
XG specs, including drum kits:
http://www.jososoft.dk/yamaha/pdf/xgspec.pdf
MOX Data List, also including drum kits:
http://www2.yamaha.co.jp/manual/pdf/emi/english/synth/mox6mox8_en_dl_c0.pdf

EDIT: This thread might be interesting/helpful…
http://www.motifator.com/index.php/forum/viewthread/470744/

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: July 24, 2014 @ 10:09 AM
pmat3155
Total Posts:  12
Joined  02-21-2014

Thank you so much for the replies. I wasn’t very specific in my question but you read my mind. I had the same idea of creating user drum kits and the XG drum kit maps is just what I need. I found another one earlier but did not have all XG drum kits. Are all the drum wave sounds in XG available in MOX? If not, can those waves be downloaded from somewhere and loaded in to MOX?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: July 24, 2014 @ 10:37 AM
5pinDIN
Total Posts:  11891
Joined  09-16-2010
pmat3155 - 24 July 2014 10:09 AM

[...] Are all the drum wave sounds in XG available in MOX?

I don’t know. I can only suggest that you look for similarly named sounds in the maps. There’s a good chance you’ll be able to find an adequate match for most of the sounds.

pmat3155 -

If not, can those waves be downloaded from somewhere and loaded in to MOX?

Unfortunately, the MOX has no memory location for loading such waves.

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Turn AF always on
Next Topic:

MOX, Ipad and computer integration ››