mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "New MOXF video download is live"

Page 1 of 2
Posted on: July 19, 2014 @ 11:03 AM
admin
Total Posts:  9578
Joined  12-09-2008

Hello there,

The new MOXF video MOXF In ‘N’ Out is now live on our sister site Keyfax.com

Keyfax.com MOXF video

Those who pre-ordered the DVD will be getting links to the download today 7/19/14.

MOXF In’N’ Out turned out to be a slightly larger project than had originally been planned and ended up running exactly 2 hours. Either by itself, or in combination with the MOX video, Discovering the Yamaha MOX, this material will give you step-by-step guidance but also - very importantly - will give you a solid understanding of the context of those button pushes. If you only learn something ‘parrott fashion’ you risk ending up a bit of a bird brain. :)

We hope you enjoy the program and continue to enjoy your MOXF.

MM

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: July 19, 2014 @ 12:36 PM
TiasDad
Total Posts:  45
Joined  04-12-2014

Is there a way to download both video’s that comprise the Full Motifation Special for MOXF pack?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: July 19, 2014 @ 05:32 PM
admin
Joined  12-09-2008

Hi there,

The downloads are just individual items I’m afraid. The downloads are delivered instantly and individually in their own zip files and these are already at a discounted price from the DVD. We just offer a bundle for those buying two or more DVDs as a) they’re more expensive, and b) customers have to pay shipping.

We do try and cater to everyone’s needs and budgets and, much as we put our heart and soul into these videos, they are not exactly X-Men or something. The market is very, very specialized and they are not inexpensive to create.

MM

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: July 19, 2014 @ 06:26 PM
TiasDad
Total Posts:  45
Joined  04-12-2014

Thank you, The MoX DVD download link has been added now so have purchased both :)

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: July 19, 2014 @ 10:21 PM
bdpianoman
Total Posts:  18
Joined  05-07-2014

So, I just bought the MOXF8 a couple of months back and shortly thereafter purchased the MOX DVD.  At that time, I was not aware that a DVD was being produced for the MOXF specifically. My question is “Is the content on the new MOXF DVD markedly different from the MOX DVD (ie is there enough new content about the MOXF specifically to warrant purchasing that DVD as well)?” Thanks for your assistance.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: July 19, 2014 @ 11:13 PM
admin
Joined  12-09-2008

Hi there,

The content on MOXF In ‘N’ Out is very different because it focuses either on the new features of the MOXF (predominantly the Flashboard wave/sample-storing option) or on aspects of the instrument that were not explored on the MOX DVD because this program needed to be a ‘complete’ look at the features and therefore wasn’t able to go into too much detail. On MOXF In’ N’ Out we dig much deeper into formats and file management because this is an area which people find quite hard to get to grips with. We created the new video mindful of the need to be complimentary and not overlapping.

If you own a MOX then the new video would even have some useful information (though we wouldn’t recommend it as such!). But if you have a MOXF, the video will both fill in a ton of gaps and also bring you up to speed with managing the Flashboard.

MM

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: July 19, 2014 @ 11:58 PM
bdpianoman
Total Posts:  18
Joined  05-07-2014

Thanks, so much for your prompt reply!!!!

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: July 20, 2014 @ 06:01 AM
bruceglan
Total Posts:  23
Joined  06-24-2014

Hi MM
I don’t as yet have the flash board for my MOXF so I’m mainly interested in getting the best out of the installed sounds by way of understanding how to use effects and what each setting does. 

I know one can experiment but that can be an arduous and sometimes fruitless task if you don’t understand the basics of effects and their settings.

Does this video cover this aspect?

Kind regards
Bruce

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: July 20, 2014 @ 01:42 PM
admin
Joined  12-09-2008

Right. I’m not sure MOXF In ‘N’ Out will cover enough of what you need. The video has an incredibly interesting scene where Dave Polich goes through all the sound categories and then explores the make up of individual voices. This includes effects, but effects are not looked at in detail, no. But the real focus is on data management, especially as it relates to the Flashboards.

So, although of course the video will help you, I’m not sure it covers enough specific areas you are looking for help on. You might actually get more out of another video that Keyfax and Dave Polich made called Sound Advice. Although this video was made on a Motif ES, this is an exhaustive look at voice programming, effects etc and the MOXF ‘engine’ is effectively exactly the same as the Motif ES in terms of parameters and programming.

Hope this helps!

MM

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: July 20, 2014 @ 02:21 PM
bruceglan
Joined  06-24-2014

many thanks for your quick advice MM. I’ll have a look at Sound Advice.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: July 22, 2014 @ 08:25 AM
bruceglan
Joined  06-24-2014

Hi MM

Almost related topic. Looking at the voice sounds available from the shop I’m interested in the 2 80’s Pop Rock sound sets and reading the description it infers these can be loaded onto the MOXF6 into the user banks without the necessity of having a flash board as they don’t use samples. (I mentioned in my previous query I don’t have a flash board)

Am I getting this right and if so could I choose which bank I load them to as I would like to keep User bank 1 as is and load the new sounds into 2 and 3 respectively?

Regards

Bruce

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: July 22, 2014 @ 10:30 AM
MrMotif
Total Posts:  1122
Joined  10-02-2002

Non sample libraries can be loaded straight into User memory, correct, with no Flashboard required. If you load the All file, the library will probably go to User 3, along with any and all additional material such as arpeggios and performances. If you don’t need those then you can load via “1bank” and load Voices only to which user location you want, yes.

We look at all forms and types of data loading, saving, and managing in MOXF In ‘N’ Out so you’re nudging into territory where I might have to recommend it to you! :)

MM

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: July 22, 2014 @ 01:40 PM
bruceglan
Joined  06-24-2014

Hi MM

Thanks for getting back. So just to be clear those 2 80’s Pop Rock sound libraries will work without a flash card?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: July 22, 2014 @ 02:14 PM
cmayhle
Total Posts:  3116
Joined  10-05-2011
bruceglan - 22 July 2014 01:40 PM

Hi MM

Thanks for getting back. So just to be clear those 2 80’s Pop Rock sound libraries will work without a flash card?

That is correct.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: July 23, 2014 @ 03:03 PM
nbadesign
Total Posts:  994
Joined  08-20-2007

I have downloaded video and it is well done. Although I have some previous experience from Motif ES and Rack XS, always is good to hear even simple things from gurus like Dave.
I would like just to mention here that I have tried two times to download this video and finally get only file with .partial extension (result of partial download in Internet Explorer).
But, when I rename this file to *.mp4 it works without issues and it is complete! (3.56Gb size and last 1:59:59).
I’ve posted this just in any case if someone will have similar problem.

Alex

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 23, 2014 @ 07:57 AM
jimbowal
Total Posts:  94
Joined  06-13-2014

MM
I recently purchased the download version the other week.  Would just like to personally thank Rachel for her effort in helping me with the download link that was causing a few problems.  For those that are interested the following may be helpful -
Scene 1 - Modes, Terminology & Navigation 00:30
Scene 2 - Accessing Internal Sounds 06:19
Scene 3 - Voice Structure 26:54
Scene 4 - Loading Non Sample Voice Libraries 39:11
Scene 5 - Loading Sample Voice Libraries 53:26
Scene 6 - Creating Custom Banks 1:04:56
Scene 7 - Managing Your Flashboard 1:13:08
Scene 8 - Troubleshooting 1:19:53
Scene 9 - Loading Patterns 1:27:56
Scene 10 - Managing Data In The Twiddly Bits MIDI Sample Libraries 1:31:42
Scene 11 - Storing, Naming & Saving Patterns 1:35:39
Scene 12 - Using Standard MIDI Files 1:40:23
Scene 13 - Loading & Applying Arpeggios 1:47:08

[ Ignore ]  

Page 1 of 2

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Mix Volume won’t stay where I put it.
Next Topic:

No Cubae MOXF MIDI device? ››