mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Drum VOICES TRANSPOSE REMOVED IN XF?"

Posted on: July 23, 2014 @ 02:15 AM
motifaithed
Total Posts:  11
Joined  07-21-2014

Good Day again,

I find this forum very satisfying in learning my new motif xf, please bear with me if I have a lot of questions. But I want to setup a piano in the performance mode, with a chime voice at the very end key(C5), I used to do that in motif es, but what I observed in motif xf, the transpose function on drums/percussion voices was removed, so I can’t move the chime key which is in C4 I think, into C5 so that I can maximize the use of my piano keys, any help for this?

Thank You for your unending support.

Regards,
motifaithed

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: July 23, 2014 @ 12:31 PM
DavePolich
Total Posts:  6820
Joined  07-27-2002

Assuming that by “chime”, you mean the
mark tree (windchine) sound...drum kits
assigned to a performance can indeed be
shifted up or down by two octaves (+/- 24).
You would simply set the range of your
first part (piano) to C-1 to B5, and the range
of the drumkit part (part 2) to C6 to G8. Then
shift the octave of the drumkit down until you
hear the windchine sound on C6.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: July 24, 2014 @ 01:42 AM
motifaithed
Total Posts:  11
Joined  07-21-2014

yeah that’s what I’m talking about, but where to see the octave shift parameter?I found trouble shifting the chime to higher key, I can’t see the transpose parameter in performance mode for the drumkit, but other than drumkit like piano or string instruments, I can visibly see the transpose parameter function, please give me an instruction to do this, thank you very much :)

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: July 24, 2014 @ 11:04 AM
DavePolich
Total Posts:  6820
Joined  07-27-2002

Select the Performance.

Press EDIT button.

Press the SF2 button (OUTPUT) and then SF1 button (VOICE) to put you in Part Edit screen.

Press the TRK 1 button to select Part 1, or TRK 2 button to select Part 2, TRK 3 button to select part 3, etc. For example, if the drums are on Part 1, then Press the TRK 1 button.

Look at the screen, on the right side, about midway down. Do you see the field marked
“Note Shift”? That is where you transpose the drums (or whatever voice is assigned to that
part). You can set it anywhere from -24 (two octaves down) to +24 (two octaves up).

Below that area, you can set the Detune (fine tune shift) of the part, and below that you can set velocity limit (so the part only sounds when you hit at a certain velocity) and below that you can set the Note Range so the part only sounds in a certain range of the keys.

Press STORE when done with your editing.

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Free Yamaha Apps for iOS
Next Topic:

Unusual Big Key Depth Motif XS 7 ››