mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "motif xs7 does always factory reset"

Posted on: July 22, 2014 @ 06:51 AM
tootstoon
Total Posts:  1
Joined  07-13-2014

I bought my motif xs7 second hand and I have made my sounds in user 1.
Then saved it as an all file.

then go to utility ---sf4(autoload) set to “on” and fill in the root to the all file ---press enter----press store.

when power of the motif and power on the motif he always does a factory reset and not my file from the usb stick

when i go again to utility and autoload ther is autoload to of and i fill in everything again and save it again and power of the motif alwys whwen power on the motif does factory reset.

I have also a S70XS and that worked whell.

do I somthing wrong on the motif xs7 ??????

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: July 22, 2014 @ 08:22 AM
5pinDIN
Total Posts:  11891
Joined  09-16-2010
tootstoon - 22 July 2014 06:51 AM

[...]when power of the motif and power on the motif he always does a factory reset[...]

Welcome to the forum.

See Power On Factory Set on page 274 of the XS Owner’s Manual. Also see the right-hand side of page 22, especially the last !CAUTION.

If the file you’re Auto Loading was saved when Power On Factory Set was turned on, then each time that file loads it will revert to that setting. Be sure to save a new “all” file once Power On Factory Set is no longer occurring.

By the way, since the XS is very similar to the XF, it might be better to post any future questions about the XS7 in the Motif XF forum.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: July 22, 2014 @ 02:35 PM
meatballfulton
Total Posts:  3022
Joined  01-25-2005

Not to mention you are in the XS Rack forum, not the XS forum ;)

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: July 22, 2014 @ 02:45 PM
5pinDIN
Total Posts:  11891
Joined  09-16-2010
meatballfulton - 22 July 2014 02:35 PM

Not to mention you are in the XS Rack forum, not the XS forum ;)

Unfortunately, XS6/7/8 users don’t have much choice, since the XS forum no longer exists. Typically they’ve been posting either to this Rack-XS forum, or the XF one. I’ve been suggesting the XF forum, since the XS is reasonably similar to the XF.

[ Ignore ]