mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Loading 3rd Party Voices into MOXF8"

Posted on: July 20, 2014 @ 05:41 PM
yotonic
Total Posts:  6
Joined  07-20-2014

Hi guys, I have a Noob question. How do I go about purchasing and loading the “80s Soundset “ in the forum shop here?

Is it a downloaded X4 file that I then put on a USB stick and load into the MOXF?

Thanks

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: July 20, 2014 @ 07:25 PM
admin
Total Posts:  9578
Joined  12-09-2008

All third party voices come in the native formats for their particular model. Most often, the programmers use a ‘All’ file, which will then include the voice library itself plus any additional Performances Arpeggios etc.

If you go to the Shop and look under Voices you will see all the libraries that are available for each model of ‘Motif.’

Once you make a purchase you will immediately be sent a link that you click on to download a zip file containing the data. Unzip the file and copy the contents onto a USB stick and insert in your instrument.

We do have a number of short videos here walking you through the loading process if you need any additional help.

The ‘All’ file route is safest, as it loads ‘everything’ in the library but do remember an All file will overwrite ‘all’ your own user-created Patterns, arps, voices etc so do make sure you SAVE your own material first, then load in the new.

MM

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: July 20, 2014 @ 11:48 PM
yotonic
Joined  07-20-2014

Thank you. I went ahead and ordered it. However I haven’t received an email with a link for the ZIP. Perhaps this is done manually during business hours??

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: July 20, 2014 @ 11:57 PM
cmayhle
Total Posts:  3116
Joined  10-05-2011
yotonic - 20 July 2014 11:48 PM

Thank you. I went ahead and ordered it. However I haven’t received an email with a link for the ZIP. Perhaps this is done manually during business hours??

It is Sunday night in California, which I believe is where the Shop is.

I would not expect much to happen before tomorrow (Monday).  I don’t think the system is fully automated.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: July 20, 2014 @ 11:59 PM
yotonic
Joined  07-20-2014

Great, no problem. Thanks for the info.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: July 21, 2014 @ 10:22 AM
admin
Total Posts:  9578
Joined  12-09-2008

Hi there, actually the downloads are fully automated! Depending on how you have your settings the link may have gone into your spam folder so do check that. Hiccups can and do occur from time to time though and if we need to re-send the link manually, as cmayhle points out, the Shop is based in California, USA and if you do not find the link in your spam just contact and it’ll be attended to Monday morning.

MM

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: July 21, 2014 @ 07:04 PM
yotonic
Joined  07-20-2014

Thanks, something must have gone wrong because I haven’t received an email. I will use the email contact info supplied, because i’ve noticed the 1-800 number is an answering machine.

Last night I could find the history of my order under my profile or perhaps it was “Shop”. Today I can’t find any order history here, but I have paid for the product and the transaction went through Paypal.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: July 22, 2014 @ 12:39 PM
yotonic
Joined  07-20-2014

Got it. Thanks Rachel.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: July 22, 2014 @ 07:40 PM
TiasDad
Total Posts:  45
Joined  04-12-2014

I think the automated system had a holiday over the weekend as I had similar problems but a quick email and it was soon sorted out ... thank you Admin :)

[ Ignore ]