mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "CP1: how to set up an expression pedal separated from the internal sound of the piano"

Page 2 of 2
Posted on: June 04, 2014 @ 06:20 AM
rome
Total Posts:  6
Joined  05-23-2014

Mr.Stone thanks for the reply,

I have closely followed your directions even though I had already done these settings but the volume pedal also acts on the sound of CP1 even excluding the piano’s editing pages (common, page 4 and zones 1 and 2 on page 2 FC in OFF)

I ask you, have you tried it on a CP1 or you followed the theoretical instruction manual?

I have to understand if it’s a firmware bug or I have problem on my CP1 (firmware V1.21)

thanks for your reply

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: June 05, 2014 @ 09:56 AM
stoneb3
Total Posts:  851
Joined  06-05-2011

Hello Rome,
I’ve checked my settings and consulted the manual both. Do you have anything plugged into the MIDI IN on the CP1?

Stone

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: June 05, 2014 @ 06:03 PM
rome
Total Posts:  6
Joined  05-23-2014

Hello Stone,
No, I am using only the midi out on cp1
the problem is that you can not disable the FC controls on cp1

Rome

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: June 16, 2014 @ 03:13 AM
beeblebrox
Total Posts:  3
Joined  06-16-2014

Hello everyone,

I own a Cp1 upgraded to the latest firmware. It has the same problem described.
I tried to pilot an external module and I wasn’t able to use expression pedal (fc7) on external (or internal) sounds only: it works on both external and internal, whatever “common” configuration I used.

I never noticed this problem with previous firmwares, but ONLY because I never used CP1 as masterkeyboard with expression pedal before upgrading.

I don’t have hardware with midi-on-usb: so, I cannot tell if this “bug” is noticeable on both 5-pin midi output (that is what I used) and usb midi out.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: June 16, 2014 @ 04:20 AM
digitalperformer7
Total Posts:  253
Joined  12-07-2011
beeblebrox - 16 June 2014 03:13 AM

Hello everyone,

I own a Cp1 upgraded to the latest firmware. It has the same problem described.
I tried to pilot an external module and I wasn’t able to use expression pedal (fc7) on external (or internal) sounds only: it works on both external and internal, whatever “common” configuration I used.

I never noticed this problem with previous firmwares, but ONLY because I never used CP1 as masterkeyboard with expression pedal before upgrading.

I don’t have hardware with midi-on-usb: so, I cannot tell if this “bug” is noticeable on both 5-pin midi output (that is what I used) and usb midi out.

As far as we know, apparently, Yamaha is aware of this bug but still has to do something to solve it.
After several endeavors, trials and errors, rome solved this annoyoing bug changing the CC from 7, 11 to 4, in order CP1 is not influenced by this “unrecognized” controller.
To to the destination device (Roland Fantom XR)he remapped the CC#04 into #07 using MIDI Solutions Event Processor.
As far we can see, this is the only avaliable answer.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: June 17, 2014 @ 03:33 AM
beeblebrox
Joined  06-16-2014

Thank you for answer.
I really don’t need CP1 masterkeyboard capabilities (or uncapabilities...) as I play it “as is”.
But I have a little hope: when Yamaha will fix this bug (if will ever do), they could put inside CP1 some CFX wafeforms… Ok, and the next day aliens will land on Earth :(

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: June 17, 2014 @ 09:45 AM
wavesequence
Total Posts:  30
Joined  07-20-2009
beeblebrox - 17 June 2014 03:33 AM

Thank you for answer.
I really don’t need CP1 masterkeyboard capabilities (or uncapabilities...) as I play it “as is”.
But I have a little hope: when Yamaha will fix this bug (if will ever do), they could put inside CP1 some CFX wafeforms… Ok, and the next day aliens will land on Earth :(

Buy a CP4 and forget aliens :-D

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: June 17, 2014 @ 04:41 PM
beeblebrox
Joined  06-16-2014
wavesequence - 17 June 2014 09:45 AM

Thank you for answer.

Good idea… but I’m not used to change instruments for just a sample! I’m still in love with CfIII and S6.
I want my Cp1 to last for a long time. And if I’ll want new samples, I’ll consider a mac with some good VI.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: June 19, 2014 @ 09:23 AM
digitalperformer7
Total Posts:  253
Joined  12-07-2011
beeblebrox - 17 June 2014 04:41 PM
wavesequence - 17 June 2014 09:45 AM

Thank you for answer.

Good idea… but I’m not used to change instruments for just a sample! I’m still in love with CfIII and S6.
I want my Cp1 to last for a long time. And if I’ll want new samples, I’ll consider a mac with some good VI.

It’s the same I did, buying Pianoteq 5! ;-)

[ Ignore ]  

Page 2 of 2