mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Acoustic Steel Guitar installation resets the whole XF"

Posted on: May 16, 2014 @ 11:55 PM
cal900
Total Posts:  33
Joined  08-12-2013

After installing Bolder Sounds Acoustic Steel Guitar library exactly as described (or so I think), my XF gets totally reset (both system/network settings and voices/performances).  Is there a way to install it without these changes?  Thanks for anything you can tell me.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: May 17, 2014 @ 12:12 AM
Bad_Mister
Total Posts:  36620
Joined  07-30-2002

Welcome to the Forums!

After installing Bolder Sounds Acoustic Steel Guitar library exactly as described (or so I think), my XF gets totally reset (both system/network settings and voices/performances).  Is there a way to install it without these changes?

Yes you can install the Library without changing your System/Network and Utility settings. You do this by setting the LOAD TYPE = “all without system”. This will allow you to load everything in the file without changing your System, Network and Utility mode settings.

In fact it is always a good idea to load anyone else’s file as “All without system” - then if you resave the file your system settings will be written into the file. If you simply load as “ALL” you will inherit the system settings of the author of the file…

Loading a File TYPE = “all” or “all without system”, will still overwrite all USER Voices, Performances, Songs, Patterns, User Arpeggios, and Master Programs. 

If you do not want to overwrite particular data within your internal banks… you will need to learn to select the specific data you wish to load and target the locations you want to send it.

_ If you set the File TYPE = “voice”, you can select individual Voices to load from the .X3A file. When you set the TYPE = voice, you can ‘open’ the ALL data file and view the listings of the individual Voices within that file. You will notice that as you press ENTER - a list of the USER 1 Voices appear and the [USER 1] button will illuminate, indicating you are viewing USER 1 Voice of the file. Use the [USER 2], [USER 3], [USER 4] and [USER DR] buttons to see the list of Voices contained in the file’s different folders.

_ If you set the File TYPE = “1 Bank voice” you can select a Bank of 128 Normal Voices (User 1, User 2, User 3, User 4) or the 32 User Drum Kit Voices from the .X3A file. You will notice that as you press ENTER - five folders appear: [USER 1], [USER 2], [USER 3], [USER 4] and [USER DR]… Highlight the folder and set the target at the bottom of the screen.

_ If you set the File TYPE = “performance” you can select to load either individual Performances or you can opt to select to load all 128 Performances from User 1-4 of the file.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: May 17, 2014 @ 11:01 AM
cal900
Total Posts:  33
Joined  08-12-2013

Thanks for more than I’d be able to explain!  Much appreciated.

[ Ignore ]