mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "New Piano!  Epic Grand from K-Sounds"

Posted on: May 01, 2014 @ 01:39 PM
ksounds
Total Posts:  670
Joined  05-06-2004

Hi everyone,

I’m excited to introduce Epic Grand, a brand new piano sample for the Motif XF / MOXF and Motif XS. Epic Grand features close-miked stereo samples of a Japanese grand piano. With pristine samples throughout the dynamic range and generous sustain, this piano is designed to make your music truly epic.

Two bank sizes are included. The 505Mb bank offers eight sampled dynamic levels for realistic dynamic response across the keyboard. Additional independent elements such as damper resonance, release resonance, and hammer noise samples bring the piano to life. The 126Mb bank includes four sampled dynamic layers plus damper resonance, release resonance, and hammer noises. Both banks sound incredible. Check out the full array of demos for each bank size on the product pages linked above.

Epic Grand offers a unique implementation of damper resonance: Real sampled resonance is provided - far surpassing mere digital effects or convolution. And because the resonance is presented as an independent component of the instrument, its volume may be adjusted, and it can be bypassed entirely.

At K-Sounds, we believe the most important requirement of a virtual piano is that it be incredibly playable. With that goal in mind, Epic Grand was played constantly during its development process. As a result, we believe it is one of the most musical and playable sampled pianos available.

Specifications:

8 stereo sampled dynamic layers (505Mb bank).
4 stereo sampled dynamic layers (126Mb bank).
True sampled damper resonance.
Release resonance samples.
Hammer noise samples.
Wide stereo image.
Edited for mono compatibility.
Big sound with modest RAM requirements.
Fully programmed specifically for the Motif XF / MOXF and Motif XS.
Designed to be incredibly playable.

For more information and audio demos, please see the product pages for Motif XF / MOXF and Motif XS formats. Additional formats are available at the K-Sounds website.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: May 01, 2014 @ 02:00 PM
Dr. ROX
Total Posts:  41
Joined  11-22-2013

Woohoo! As Signature piano in my opinion is best sounding library that are available for Motif XF, I will definitely try this one too. Maybe this piano will have less ambiance in the samples as Signature Piano has.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: May 01, 2014 @ 02:11 PM
ksounds
Joined  05-06-2004

Thank you! I appreciate your positive comments about Signature Piano. I’m glad you’re enjoying it!

Yes, Epic Grand is close-miked whereas Signature Piano is slightly ambient.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: May 06, 2014 @ 02:17 PM
ksounds
Joined  05-06-2004

Just uploaded a demo video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XxON2NRI7wA

Please share, and enjoy!

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 28, 2014 @ 09:41 PM
rrricky rrrecordo
Total Posts:  1
Joined  08-28-2014

Hey Motifators,

I thought that this would thread be a good place to instantiate my inaugural post…

I’ve been an XS6 owner since the first shipment landed in Canada. Since subsequently discovering motifator.com, I have loaded up a USB stick with about 10GB woth of data from the Shop, including Kevin’s awesome Signature C7. It was a brilliant purchase which has served me well for years.

Well, those years have flown by and I’ve turned mostly to Macs for most of my music production needs. However, recently I have begun taking on local gigs as a hired gun, so I have dusted off a few old warhorses including the Motif XS6. Last week I loaded Kevin’s Signature C7 into it to rehearse for an art gallery gig (spacey and chill Performance remakes of classic rock toons plus some solo piano bits) and the C7 was sounding wonderful, but somehow with the room ambience it was just not quite intimate enough for my live solo piano inspirations. Great for production, but just a bit distant…

So how fortuitous was it that I should stumble upon the video demo of Epic Piano for Motif XS while wandering through the Tubes of You last week? Very, as it turns out.

I listened very carefully to the Epic Piano demo while comparing it to my own MotifXS controlling Sig C7 through my Yammie N12 into Mackie H824 Mk2 monitors. I concluded that both sample sets share the same C7 DNA.

So… I purchased Epic Piano last night.

Initial impressions:

Microphone placement and of course the human factors inherent in re-recording all of the samples again with presumably the same sound design principles have resulted - for me - in a totally immersive Yamaha C7 player’s perspective experience on my MotifXS.

Fantastic. Brilliant. In my opinion, Epic and Sig C7 are two peas in a pod - the best MotifXS piano packages out there. Period. I’ve heard them all.

I look forward to combining the best of both Sig and Epic as I move ahead once again into playing live with my fleet of workhorses including my trusty old MotifXS. New life has been breathed into this lovely amazing XSellent beast.

Watch the demo for Epic again, compare it with the demo for Sig. You will want both :)

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Need help with organ patch
Next Topic:

Yamaha CS80 soundset? ››