mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Song folders"

Posted on: April 23, 2014 @ 08:36 AM
G-XF
Total Posts:  132
Joined  12-08-2007

individually song folders

Hello every one,
Actually I want to save every song in its own individually folder in Cubase because if ever I have to format my PC, so I should have some backup, so how can I do this please guide me.

also please tell me, I have already saved all my previous songs data files in cubase’s one folder, now I want to save them individually. kindly tell me how can I do that? I will be very grateful to you. Regards.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 23, 2014 @ 11:34 AM
frankE
Total Posts:  5350
Joined  12-23-2002

Page 60 of the Cubase 7 manual…
1.Select “Back up Project…” from the File menu.
A file dialog opens in which you can choose an existing empty folder or create a new folder to save the project.
2.Click OK.
The “Back up Project Options” dialog opens. etc....
................frank

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 24, 2014 @ 08:23 PM
RADDTUNES
Total Posts:  163
Joined  05-09-2005

Perhaps you’ll care to try what I do . . . and that is I go through the backup routine Frank is describing above and the START of creating a project - - that way you have the song title and the appropriate pathways established when you first start recording. 

I’ve gone around and around over the years creating layers of folders - - sorting things by artist name and then including all their song folders within one folder (don’t like it) . . . or soring project types into larger folders . . jingles / on-hold messages / song demos / etc.  It just gets to messy when I pull something back out of “deep storage” for re-working.  (or in the case of jingles, re-lyricing an old track HA!)

So now, and probably forever I do this routine:  1. Start a project by opening up my own custom template I’ve created.  2. Backup the project into a titled folder on my hard drive 3. Start creating.

I do reccomend this for most situations . . .  If you have tons of projects sitting on your drive, or even on a deep storage drive, the computer can always find them easily with the “search” function.

[ Ignore ]