mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Complete Newb looking for help using external synth."

Posted on: April 23, 2014 @ 08:56 PM
MrHarryReems
Total Posts:  3
Joined  04-23-2014

I’m a complete newb, and I am having a really hard time wrapping my mind around anything beyond the basic operation of my Motif 8.

What I’d like to do is use the Motif as a master controller to control my external synth module.  I’d like to configure a few unused presets to send program changes to the external synth.  I have no idea how to do this, and I feel like the manuals expect me to have an understanding I simply do not have.

When I’m recording, I use my PC for sound selection on my synth module, but that’s impractical on stage.

If anyone can point me to a video tutorial or something, that would be grand!

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 23, 2014 @ 09:12 PM
meatballfulton
Total Posts:  3022
Joined  01-25-2005

Try using Master Mode.

Read this and come back with any questions you have.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 23, 2014 @ 10:08 PM
MrHarryReems
Joined  04-23-2014

Is there a way to upload a definition file or something to the Motif so I don’t have to enter 1060+ entries for my external module?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 23, 2014 @ 10:44 PM
Bad_Mister
Total Posts:  36620
Joined  07-30-2002

You use 1060+ programs in your module! Forgive us for doubting this, but it just makes us curious: Why?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 24, 2014 @ 02:14 AM
MrHarryReems
Joined  04-23-2014

I have 1060+ sound definitions in my external module that I want to easily access from the Motif.  Currently, I have to use the intermediary step of a menu in my DAW on my PC for selection.  I’m not automating anything, just using the Motif as a controller for the external module.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 24, 2014 @ 06:20 AM
Bad_Mister
Total Posts:  36620
Joined  07-30-2002

Well then don’t waste your time setting up 1060+ Program Changes, setup the dozen or so you will actually use, that is my point. Why would setup over a thousand program changes - just because you might want to access something. Decide what you actually use and set those up.

The MASTER mode allows you send Bank Select and Program Changes in real time, so you can set it up to scroll through your external sound module’s sounds using a MASTER mode ZONE setup to control and SEND the Bank Select and Program Change message out in real time. ( I believe this feature is available in the old Motif (classic)).

[ Ignore ]