mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Trouble playing Performance Over Pattern (Track) - Motif-XF Problems"

Posted on: April 23, 2014 @ 03:32 PM
dlundy1
Total Posts:  13
Joined  02-26-2014

Hey guys,

I created a custom Performance sound, I now want to play this sound over a Track I created within the Pattern Mode.

But when I place the board in “Master-Mode”, I am forced to use either the Performance, or the Pattern modes. But I am not able to use them simultaneously.

Do you guys have any suggestions on something I may be doing incorrectly?

Or Should I just export the song to my laptop and go from there?

Any help is appreciated!

Thanks in advance,

DL

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 23, 2014 @ 03:38 PM
cmayhle
Total Posts:  3116
Joined  10-05-2011
dlundy1 - 23 April 2014 03:32 PM

Hey guys,

I created a custom Performance sound, I now want to play this sound over a Track I created within the Pattern Mode.

But when I place the board in “Master-Mode”, I am forced to use either the Performance, or the Pattern modes. But I am not able to use them simultaneously.

Do you guys have any suggestions on something I may be doing incorrectly?

Or Should I just export the song to my laptop and go from there?

Any help is appreciated!

Thanks in advance,

DL

No need to include your laptop!

You can move a PERFORMANCE into PATTERN or SONG Mode.

Where are you at with the knowledge to do something like that?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 23, 2014 @ 05:27 PM
dlundy1
Joined  02-26-2014

Cmayhle,

that crossed my mind but I did not see an option for that within my XF, maybe I overlooked it.

If you have one as well, can you include a brief walk-through
(ex: Edit > Common Edit > Etc)

If not I will be playing around with it. If I can figure it out, I will be sure to post it here.

Thanks

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 23, 2014 @ 05:32 PM
cmayhle
Joined  10-05-2011

This should help:

http://www.motifator.com/index.php/support/view/moving_performances_into_song_pattern_mxing_setups

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 23, 2014 @ 06:04 PM
dlundy1
Joined  02-26-2014
cmayhle - 23 April 2014 05:32 PM

This should help:

http://www.motifator.com/index.php/support/view/moving_performances_into_song_pattern_mxing_setups

Awesome!

Thanks a lot! you guys are awesome :)

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 23, 2014 @ 06:41 PM
cmayhle
Joined  10-05-2011

As you will find, in order to play all PARTS simultaneously in SONG or PATTERN Mode, they will all be addressed on the same MIDI channel.

What you lose when this happens is the ability to use the faders for per-PART volume adjustment/balance on the fly.  The volume of each PART can be set individually of course, but once they are put on the same MIDI channel, your real-time volume adjustment will affect all of the PARTS together.

There is a way to get the fader volume control back for each PART in real-time however, by going to MASTER Mode with your PATTERN (SONG) and activating up to (8) ZONES for play/volume control on up to (8) MIDI channels at the same time.

If/when you get to that point of need, we can assist in the next steps.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 23, 2014 @ 07:36 PM
Bad_Mister
Total Posts:  36620
Joined  07-30-2002

What you lose when this happens is the ability to use the faders for per-PART volume adjustment/balance on the fly.

What you lose also is the ability to record the four Parts simultaneously. You cannot record to four tracks simultaneously from within the sequencer. So if that is your goal you will need to rethink your procedure.

[ Ignore ]