mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Motif XF purchased in USA can it work in india"

Page 2 of 2
Posted on: January 16, 2013 @ 05:20 PM
5pinDIN
Total Posts:  11891
Joined  09-16-2010

Vikas, thank you for your extremely kind words. I consider satisfying my own curiosity as just the first step. Sharing what I know might or might not help others, but it certainly doesn’t diminish me. I believe that the value of knowledge is multiplied by the number of people who possess it.

Besides, if you don’t have to “reinvent the wheel”, there might be more time to play music. :-)

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 17, 2013 @ 10:35 AM
kvt
Total Posts:  78
Joined  04-30-2011
VikasSharma - 16 January 2013 03:10 PM

5pinDIN, you’re just beyond comprehension for me - words fail me! I just can’t seem to thank you enough for your contributions to this forum. You go out of your way so frequently to really find things out and then always care to share your knowledge with all of us mortals. You really deserve a Clinician’s Corner of your own on Motifator.com.

Best regards,
Vikas

I second this for both 5pinDin and Bad_Mister....Thank you both very much for your great support to this brilliant forum.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 17, 2013 @ 10:38 AM
kvt
Joined  04-30-2011

Even Vikash as well...Great Support and help to this forum..
Thank you…

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 28, 2014 @ 04:19 AM
wizardgraphics
Total Posts:  171
Joined  01-15-2012

Since people here purchased the Motif XF in the USA and took it to other countries, I would like to ask you about your airplane shipping experiences. Any advices? warnings? Will an XF8 be taken by an airline in a TSA case with no issues? Thanks in advance.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 30, 2014 @ 01:42 PM
kvt
Joined  04-30-2011
wizardgraphics - 28 March 2014 04:19 AM

Since people here purchased the Motif XF in the USA and took it to other countries, I would like to ask you about your airplane shipping experiences. Any advices? warnings? Will an XF8 be taken by an airline in a TSA case with no issues? Thanks in advance.

I brought it in original packing in same flight with me to UK but it didn’t arrived at Heathrow!! US airport hold it for some security purpose! It arrived 2 days later directly to my home address!
I am still using Step down transformer on my Motif XF which I brought UK from US!

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 14, 2014 @ 10:27 AM
rasikaw
Total Posts:  59
Joined  11-10-2010
5pinDIN - 15 January 2013 11:03 AM

OK, enough conjecture - I decided to get more information from the “horses mouth”, and by that I don’t mean Yamaha support in the US, UK, or anywhere else. While I had no reason to doubt the Yamaha US FAQ I linked to, I went a step further…

I opened both my XS6 and XF6 (US-market model), and looked at the power supply boards in each of them. The boards are not the same, but the differences aren’t what folks on this forum seem to think. Both supplies are clearly labeled. The relevant part of what’s on the labels follows.
-------------------------------------
XS:
LDC60F-1       -SXYMH
  5V 5A(7A)              50-60Hz
 12V 2A(3.5A)         100-240V AC/1.4A
-12V 0.6A(0.7A)      110-340V DC/0.6A
XF:
LDC60F-2      -SXYMH
  5V 5A                50-60Hz
 15V 2A              100-240V AC/1.4A
-15V 0.6A           110-340V DC/0.6A

The XS has version 1 of the supply, the XF has version 2.
The power input specification is identical for the two supplies.
Both of the supplies will run on 50 or 60 Hz.
Both of the supplies will run on anything from 100 to 240 V AC.
Interestingly, both of the supplies will run on anything from 110 to 340 V DC.

The main difference between the two supplies is the output voltages. While they both output 5 volts, the XS unit has 12/-12 volt outputs, while the XF one has 15/-15 volts. (Yes, I measured the output voltages and verified that the labeling is correct.) Therefore the supplies for the XS and XF are not interchangeable.

It seems that the FAQ is accurate, and that a US XF will run on a wide range of input power - at least based on my own XF6. That doesn’t mean I’m going to compensate anyone who plugs their US-bought XF into 220/240V AC and it fails. I accept no responsibility for your actions. Decide for yourself.

------------------------------

OK? :-)

This makes sense. This type of musical instrument is being played by artists not just in one country. They are like laptops. They have the ability to accept voltages from Any Country.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 14, 2014 @ 10:33 AM
rasikaw
Total Posts:  59
Joined  11-10-2010

My advise: Save your motif configuration (ALL including all waveforms in Flash boards as well) into a USB Flash drive and dropbox and Rent similar keyboard from destination counry. Then restore everything into new drvice!

Once I had very bad experience even though I marked my box “Fragile” and also paid extra luggage but at destination airport, this box was lying on floor near belts.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 16, 2014 @ 02:07 AM
wizardgraphics
Total Posts:  171
Joined  01-15-2012
rasikaw - 14 April 2014 10:33 AM

My advise: Save your motif configuration (ALL including all waveforms in Flash boards as well) into a USB Flash drive and dropbox and Rent similar keyboard from destination counry. Then restore everything into new drvice!

Once I had very bad experience even though I marked my box “Fragile” and also paid extra luggage but at destination airport, this box was lying on floor near belts.

thanks, I am planning on using a rugged hard shell TSA flight case and I will be staying overseas for a long while so I need my keyboard with me.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 19, 2014 @ 09:36 PM
ashleeisaac
Total Posts:  15
Joined  03-26-2014

All the MOTIF’s r being imported....May b u hav to b careful about the power cord....

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: October 06, 2014 @ 12:11 AM
kvt
Joined  04-30-2011

I asked again to USA Customer service last week and they informed me that I can use UK power supply (230 Volts) for Motif XF purchased from USA and don’t need Step down transformer!!! (Completely opposite to what they said to me in 2011!!)
And hence now I have started using UK supply on My Motif XF (brought from USA) without any problem...! 
Feeling stupid about using Step down transformer all this years...!!

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: October 19, 2014 @ 05:16 PM
Fiyin
Total Posts:  3
Joined  10-19-2014

Hello All,
My name is Fiyin and I am from Nigeria.
I just received my box of Motif XF8 WH some few hours ago and shocked to see 120v as this was not displayed on Amazon where I bought it.
Does anybody know if the XF8 White is 110v - 240v compatible.
Date of manufacture is 06/2014.
Thanks in advance

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: October 19, 2014 @ 05:49 PM
cmayhle
Total Posts:  3116
Joined  10-05-2011
Fiyin - 19 October 2014 05:16 PM

Hello All,
My name is Fiyin and I am from Nigeria.
I just received my box of Motif XF8 WH some few hours ago and shocked to see 120v as this was not displayed on Amazon where I bought it.
Does anybody know if the XF8 White is 110v - 240v compatible.
Date of manufacture is 06/2014.
Thanks in advance

See previous post.

Also, from a previous post in this thread by 5pinDIN:

It seems that the FAQ is accurate, and that a US XF will run on a wide range of input power - at least based on my own XF6. That doesn’t mean I’m going to compensate anyone who plugs their US-bought XF into 220/240V AC and it fails. I accept no responsibility for your actions. Decide for yourself.

I seriously doubt if the XF WH has different specs than other XF’s.

Did you get a “US” XF through Amazon?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: October 20, 2014 @ 12:36 AM
Fiyin
Total Posts:  3
Joined  10-19-2014

Thanks for the note.
yes, I did get it from Amazon.com

[ Ignore ]  

Page 2 of 2

Previous Topic:

‹‹ alternate panning