mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "I know it’s not easy, but can you. . . (Set up Sysex to control Element Levels in a Voice, from ReMOTE)"

Page 2 of 2
Posted on: April 19, 2014 @ 04:53 AM
tastengott
Total Posts:  1
Joined  04-19-2014
Bad_Mister - 16 November 2010 04:09 PM

In Voice mode the Motif XS sliders send System Exclusive messages to control ELEMENT level.
In Performance mode the Motif XS sliders send System Exclusive messages to control PART volume.
In SONG/PATTERN mode the slider send cc007 on the respective MIDI channel 1-8 when a PART 1-8 is selected and 9-16 when a PART 9-16 is selected.
In MASTER mode the sliders are programmable to any Control Change (cc) number 001-095 with the exception of 032.

Okay that said, if you want to control Element level of the Motif-Rack XS from an external device, you would need to send it System Exclusive messages that correspond to the Motif-Rack XS (not the Motif Classic… that would be an entirely different product ID ant that is why it did not work)

System Exclusive messages include a Product ID. So a message for a Motif Classic would be meaningless to a Motif-Rack XS.

F0 43 10 7F 03 41 ee 20 dd F7

Where ‘ee’ is the Element 1-8 (00-07)
and ‘dd’ is the data byte 0-127 (00-7F)

F0 = start of exclusive message
43 = Yamaha Manufacturer ID
10 = Parameter Change message, first device
7F 03 = Motif XS series product ID
41 ee 20 = High/Mid/Low address for VOICE mode Element Level parameter
dd = Data Byte
F7 = end of exclusive message

Thank you for posting These SysEx Messages into this Forum.
I also succeeded in Controlling the element Levels in VOICE MODE via this SysEx command(also using a Novation Remote 61).

However, I’m still wondering if there is a Chance to control the element levels in MULTI MODE.
The SysEx Command only works in VOICE MODE - I also searched the midi implementation Charts where I found the equivalent command for MULTI MODE ("37" pp 0E instead of “41 ee 20") - however, this controls the part Levels - not the element Levels.

Of course, this might be logical since MULTI MODE combines several VOICES.
However, I’m still wondering if there is a Chance to also control the element Levels (e.g. for one specific Part) in MULTI MODE.
Is there a Chance to do this?

In my concrete case, I would like to use the 8 sliders as drawbars - however in MULTI MODE since this is typcially the mode to be used on stage.
Otherwise the only Workaround I see so far is to Setup my MULTI with 8 parts using the same voice muting the elements E1-E8 complementary.
Is there any other Chance to realize this?

Thanks in advance.
Regards,
Stefan

[ Ignore ]  

Page 2 of 2

Previous Topic:

‹‹ MIDI CH 1,2&3;muted in Multi mode
Next Topic:

XS Rack Volume Output seems REALLY LOW ››