mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Ooops with Cubase and MOXF"

Posted on: April 18, 2014 @ 01:33 PM
Cloud9tn
Total Posts:  30
Joined  01-25-2014

I am alittle frustrated right now. I spent an hour making 3 patterns and chaining them to make a nice song. Opened up Cubase (while in pattern) and armed record for the handful of midi channels. Then I hit chain play to record.

What happened was:
A) All my instrument selections were smashed
B) All tracks except for track 1 are now gone

Sigh. I am sure it’s operator error, so what did I do wrong?

Im in 2rec mode. I guess next time perhaps an audio mixdown might be less infuriating.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 18, 2014 @ 07:21 PM
Bad_Mister
Total Posts:  36620
Joined  07-30-2002

I am alittle frustrated right now. I spent an hour making 3 patterns and chaining them to make a nice song. Opened up Cubase (while in pattern) and armed record for the handful of midi channels. Then I hit chain play to record.

What happened was:
A) All my instrument selections were smashed
B) All tracks except for track 1 are now gone

Sigh. I am sure it’s operator error, so what did I do wrong?

Im in 2rec mode. I guess next time perhaps an audio mixdown might be less infuriating.

I read you post - and nothing you report here should have destroyed your tracks.

We assume when you say you spent an hour making 3 PATTERNS (we think you mean Sections but, we are guessing), and you chained the Sections to make a linear layout.

“armed record for the handful of midi channels” - that makes no sense. We hope you meant to say:

I created ONE MIDI TRACK with the MIDI channel set to ANY, and pressed record.

It only takes one track to record 16 MIDI channels of MIDI.
It only takes one track to record 16 MIDI channel of MIDI.

I repeat it for effect :-) You only split data to separate MIDI Tracks as a convenience when editing or viewing the data. Each MIDI track can and will record all 16 incoming MIDI channels. That is where you description “smashed” comes from.

But go back to your PATTERN in the MOXF. It should still be there.
Now relax.

Retry transferring to Cubase.
You did not mention setting Cubase up as the MASTER MIDI Clock and setting the MOXF as MIDI SYNC = AUTO But we assume you did, right?

Create One MIDI Track set the MIDI IN and OUT to the MOXF-1 (port 1). Set the CH (Channel) = “ANY”

The CHANNEL setting is Cubase rerouting all data to the Channel as set here. By setting it to ANY - it is able to echo back out the same channel that it received coming in.

I imagine you had multiple MIDI Tracks (as it it were audio were you separate audio to prevent one sound from leaking into the track of the other) Well MIDI data is not audio, it cannot “leak”, it cannot be heard. So it all can exist on a single Track.

By creating multiple MIDI tracks each track recorded all the data coming in and then routed it all back to the MOXF on each of the MIDI channels and CHAOS!

Hope that helps. If you get stuck let us know - But you should not have lost your sequence in the MOXF. So you get another shot.

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ A/D Input Clean?
Next Topic:

Autoload ››