mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Is this wierd behaviour?"

Posted on: April 17, 2014 @ 02:09 PM
blake80
Total Posts:  110
Joined  03-14-2014

Ok I’ve been playing my MOXF in performance mode just going through the different banks and found this!

User bank 2 Performance 029 synthlines

Everytime I try to turn off the XA 1 button it turns itself back on and when I try to switch on XA button 2 the MOXF turns it off! Is this correct?

Also I have noticed some performances get a small E in the top right hand corner as soon as I start playing. Does anyone know why this is?

Thanks in advance.

Blake.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 17, 2014 @ 03:30 PM
5pinDIN
Total Posts:  11891
Joined  09-16-2010
blake80 - 17 April 2014 02:09 PM

[...]Also I have noticed some performances get a small E in the top right hand corner as soon as I start playing. Does anyone know why this is?[...]

See Bad_Mister‘s reply to my similar question in this thread:
http://www.motifator.com/index.php/forum/viewthread/457519/

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 17, 2014 @ 03:37 PM
5pinDIN
Total Posts:  11891
Joined  09-16-2010

Ok I’ve been playing my MOXF in performance mode just going through the different banks and found this!

Everytime I try to turn off the XA 1 button it turns itself back on and when I try to switch on XA button 2 the MOXF turns it off! Is this correct?[...]

I don’t have a MOXF, but my XF has the factory Synthlines Performance in USR1:093(F13). I’d like to help, but the XF doesn’t have an “XA button”, and I’m unaware of any on the MOXF. Could you clarify that?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 17, 2014 @ 04:29 PM
SSquared
Total Posts:  165
Joined  01-29-2014

Blake80,

I assume you are talking about the Assignable Function buttons 1 and 2.  It depends on how the buttons are programmed for the voice/performance you have selected.  These can be set to latch (maintains the button on/off when you let go) and momentary (turns off when you let go).

It gets a little more complicated when playing arps.  The arp may contain data that turns the switch on or off.  So you may turn on AF1 and then find it getting turned off while the arp plays.  Or turn off AF2 and it gets turned back on while the arp plays.  Are you noticing this issue on arps?  As a test, turn off the Arp On/Off switch and play the notes.

And this is one reason you may get the ‘E’ showing up.  The arp may make changes to the data.  5pinDIN’s reference post also explains it.

I am not currently at the board to test out that exact sound, but hopefully this explains what is going on.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 17, 2014 @ 04:45 PM
blake80
Joined  03-14-2014
5pinDIN - 17 April 2014 03:37 PM

Everytime I try to turn off the XA 1 button it turns itself back on and when I try to switch on XA button 2 the MOXF turns it off! Is this correct?[...]

I don’t have a MOXF, but my XF has the factory Synthlines Performance in USR1:093(F13). I’d like to help, but the XF doesn’t have an “XA button”, and I’m unaware of any on the MOXF. Could you clarify that?

Sorry my mistake I meant the assignable switches 1&2;.

Thanks for the reply 5pinDIN.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 17, 2014 @ 04:48 PM
blake80
Joined  03-14-2014
SSquared - 17 April 2014 04:29 PM

Blake80,

I assume you are talking about the Assignable Function buttons 1 and 2.  It depends on how the buttons are programmed for the voice/performance you have selected.  These can be set to latch (maintains the button on/off when you let go) and momentary (turns off when you let go).

It gets a little more complicated when playing arps.  The arp may contain data that turns the switch on or off.  So you may turn on AF1 and then find it getting turned off while the arp plays.  Or turn off AF2 and it gets turned back on while the arp plays.  Are you noticing this issue on arps?  As a test, turn off the Arp On/Off switch and play the notes.

And this is one reason you may get the ‘E’ showing up.  The arp may make changes to the data.  5pinDIN’s reference post also explains it.

I am not currently at the board to test out that exact sound, but hopefully this explains what is going on.

Thanks for the reply, that explains why the switches are doing what they do as this performance, “synthlines” does come with the arp turned on. I also noticed when I turn the arp off I can freely turn the assignable switches on and off.

Thanks for your help.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 17, 2014 @ 04:50 PM
blake80
Joined  03-14-2014
5pinDIN - 17 April 2014 03:30 PM

[...]Also I have noticed some performances get a small E in the top right hand corner as soon as I start playing. Does anyone know why this is?[...]

See Bad_Mister‘s reply to my similar question in this thread:
http://www.motifator.com/index.php/forum/viewthread/457519/

Thanks for the link.

Blake.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 17, 2014 @ 10:18 PM
Bad_Mister
Total Posts:  36620
Joined  07-30-2002

Whether it is weird or not is a value judgement, but rest assured it is programmed to do exactly what you are experiencing. In the ARPEGGIO data are commands to activate the [AF1] (Assignable Function 1) button. You may notice that when you trigger a note in the right hand area (C3-G8) of the keyboard the [AF1] button illuminate. Or on other assigned Arps the opposite may occur, AF2 comes On and AF1 is turned Off.

All four Parts are under control of an arpeggio, and each is set so that the ARP HOLD = SYNC OFF.

This allows the arpeggio phrase to continue to run, unheard, when you lift your finger. So that the tempo and flow is maintained even though you do not hear the result, while your hand is lifted

If HOLD were set to ON, the arps would just continue to play and be heard at all times
If HOLD were set to OFF, the arps would restart from the top of the phrase every time you retriggered the keys

HOLD = SYNC OFF means the arp phrase will remain sync’d even when you are not hearing it… The clock runs so that whenever you touch the keys again it falls right in time with whatever segment of the phrase that is current. The phrase does not reset to the top when you retrigger the keys, it picks up wherever it happens to be in its count.

This is why once you begin playing this by triggering a note the AF1 or AF2 may come ON, that command is in the arp Phrase (cc086 = 127, or cc087 = 0) or vice versa. These commands turn On and Off the AF1/AF2 buttons - and the commands are apart of the Arp phrase.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 18, 2014 @ 04:55 AM
blake80
Joined  03-14-2014
Bad_Mister - 17 April 2014 10:18 PM

Whether it is weird or not is a value judgement, but rest assured it is programmed to do exactly what you are experiencing. In the ARPEGGIO data are commands to activate the [AF1] (Assignable Function 1) button. You may notice that when you trigger a note in the right hand area (C3-G8) of the keyboard the [AF1] button illuminate. Or on other assigned Arps the opposite may occur, AF2 comes On and AF1 is turned Off.

All four Parts are under control of an arpeggio, and each is set so that the ARP HOLD = SYNC OFF.

This allows the arpeggio phrase to continue to run, unheard, when you lift your finger. So that the tempo and flow is maintained even though you do not hear the result, while your hand is lifted

If HOLD were set to ON, the arps would just continue to play and be heard at all times
If HOLD were set to OFF, the arps would restart from the top of the phrase every time you retriggered the keys

HOLD = SYNC OFF means the arp phrase will remain sync’d even when you are not hearing it… The clock runs so that whenever you touch the keys again it falls right in time with whatever segment of the phrase that is current. The phrase does not reset to the top when you retrigger the keys, it picks up wherever it happens to be in its count.

This is why once you begin playing this by triggering a note the AF1 or AF2 may come ON, that command is in the arp Phrase (cc086 = 127, or cc087 = 0) or vice versa. These commands turn On and Off the AF1/AF2 buttons - and he commands are apart of the Arp phrase.

Ok I think Ive got it now. Thanks

Blake

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ MOX DVD
Next Topic:

A/D Input Clean? ››