mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "assigning organ to assignable out AND l&r;output"

Posted on: April 15, 2014 @ 12:07 PM
Baseball32
Total Posts:  4
Joined  04-09-2014

How can I assign an organ sound to L&R;and assignable out at the same time? Thanks, Ty

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 15, 2014 @ 12:40 PM
5pinDIN
Total Posts:  11891
Joined  09-16-2010

Welcome to the forum.

The parameter setting you’d need to use for assignment is Output Select. That can be done from a Performance or a Mixing.

See the XF Reference Manual, page 111, as well as:
http://www.motifator.com/index.php/support/view/assigning_parts_to_outputs
-- and --
http://www.motifator.com/index.php/forum/viewthread/459365/

If you want the same organ sound to be assigned to both main and assignable outputs, then the two Parts being assigned should have the same Voice.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 15, 2014 @ 01:15 PM
DavePolich
Total Posts:  6820
Joined  07-27-2002

I’m curious - why would you want to assign an organ sound to the Main outs and the assignable outputs simultaneously?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 15, 2014 @ 01:31 PM
Bad_Mister
Total Posts:  36620
Joined  07-30-2002

Practically speaking it is an either/or proposition. A Part (found in PERFORMANCES, SONG/PATTERN MIXING modes) can be routed to the main L/R outputs or it can be routed to the assignable outputs. Routing it to an assignable output isolates it (removes it) from the main system outputs and Effects.

It travels to the assignable outputs with it dual Insertion Effects, if active, in tact.

If you play two Parts simultaneously, although you could deliver signal simultaneously to both the system (main) outputs and the assignable but you would reduce polyphony and lose REALTIME control over one of them… They would not sound the same.

If you need to split the signal to two different places, the proper way would be to get a stereo audio splitter… That takes a single stereo input and gives you two stereo pairs of outputs. A small format mixer would be the best and most cost effective way to accomplish this… Check out the new small format Yamaha MG mixers that can be mounted on a mic stand… Serious, compact audio solution.  Yamaha MG06X

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 15, 2014 @ 01:56 PM
cmayhle
Total Posts:  3116
Joined  10-05-2011
Baseball32 - 15 April 2014 12:07 PM

How can I assign an organ sound to L&R;and assignable out at the same time? Thanks, Ty

Reading between the lines, it seems you may be exploring ways to process your organ signal (external Leslie sim perhaps?) separately from your other PARTS and VOICES.

If this is correct (sorry if I have guessed incorrectly), you can get a feel for some of the possibilities in This Thread.

Unfortunately, you will find there are a couple of links to other (even more useful) threads which are inoperable.  These were threads in the XS Forum, and that Forum Section appears to be GONE.

EDIT:  Was able to recover cached versions of the missing XS Forum threads.  See This Link and This Link.

Again, sorry if this information does not apply to your intentions.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 15, 2014 @ 03:36 PM
5pinDIN
Total Posts:  11891
Joined  09-16-2010
cmayhle - 15 April 2014 01:56 PM

EDIT:  Was able to recover cached versions of the missing XS Forum threads.  See This Link and This Link.

Again, sorry if this information does not apply to your intentions.

I think I’ll start a thread to explain how Google’s Web cache can be used to view missing XS forum pages (if Google cached them).

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 16, 2014 @ 09:01 AM
Baseball32
Total Posts:  4
Joined  04-09-2014
DavePolich - 15 April 2014 01:15 PM

I’m curious - why would you want to assign an organ sound to the Main outs and the assignable outputs simultaneously?

The leslie is on one side of me and the bose l1 on the other. I had it configured this way with my “ES” and it was fuller and richer on stage, I did have the volume considerbly less in the bose channel

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 16, 2014 @ 11:11 AM
DavePolich
Total Posts:  6820
Joined  07-27-2002
Baseball32 - 16 April 2014 09:01 AM
DavePolich - 15 April 2014 01:15 PM

The leslie is on one side of me and the bose l1 on the other. I had it configured this way with my “ES” and it was fuller and richer on stage, I did have the volume considerbly less in the bose channel

Well, speaking as a keyboard tech who works on major tours, I have to say that’s kinda crazy. You say you have a real Leslie onstage? It should be mic’d - is it? If so, you can
have the Leslie pumped back into your monitors.

Leslies aren’t “stereo”. The rotating horn and rotor create a kind of doppler effect, and
some people put stereo mics on both the rotor and the horn. But think about it - it’s really
a stationary wooden cabinet. If you put a single mic on the rotor and a single mic on the horn, the audience won’t hear stereo. It will be a mono feed. And that’s fine.

You seem to want to hear everything in “beautiful stereo”. As far as I know, your Leslie will
only have one mono input - so how are you running dual outs from the Motif into it?
The situation can be resolved by using D.I.s with thrus..please let us know whether your
Leslie has a mono input or a stereo input. Then I can advise you on how to proceed, without
resorting to running out of the main outs and the assignable outs of the Motif at the same
time.

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Create New Arp using simple note sequence
Next Topic:

View missing XS forum threads ››