mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Problem importing midi files from Ableton Live9 into patterns A-P?"

Posted on: April 15, 2014 @ 06:56 PM
perkdaddy
Total Posts:  13
Joined  12-21-2013

Hey forum members.  For some reason I’m having problems loading midi patterns from my flash drive into the patterns of my MOXF. When i load the file from my flash drive it just keeps saying “loading X” file for forever and a day until I just turn off the MOXF and turn it back on.  I’m wondering if it’s a problem with the MOXF, the OS or what ever.  Just wanted someone on the forum to chime in before I start messing around.  Just a little background; All of the other files on my flash drive import just fine including the all files, Chick Corea, Inspiration in a Flash ect.  I’ve formatted the flash drive numerous times.  I made the midi files in Ableton Live, from Ableton Live I exported the midi file and saved them to my flash drive. All I to do is import these midi patterns form Ableton Live 9 into the patterns A-J. Thanks in advance for the support.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 16, 2014 @ 01:50 AM
wizardgraphics
Total Posts:  171
Joined  01-15-2012

I had the exact same problem too importing midi from Ableton live. Long story short. Fingers were pointed by Yamaha representatives at Ableton, I could never fix it so I quit. Try exporting from a different program.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 16, 2014 @ 09:48 AM
perkdaddy
Joined  12-21-2013

Thnaks for the response.  any suggestions of which program worked for you? I have MASCHINE, LOGIC PRO X ext.  thanks in advance!

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 16, 2014 @ 10:41 AM
wizardgraphics
Total Posts:  171
Joined  01-15-2012
perkdaddy - 16 April 2014 09:48 AM

Thnaks for the response.  any suggestions of which program worked for you? I have MASCHINE, LOGIC PRO X ext.  thanks in advance!

It was a suggestion, I basically just quit. I would suggest Cubase AI as it is the most integrated with Yamaha keyboards.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 17, 2014 @ 04:44 AM
PauloF
Total Posts:  37
Joined  08-28-2005
perkdaddy - 16 April 2014 09:48 AM

Apart from the obvious Cubase AI referenced by Wizardgraphics, REAPER and STUDIO ONE 2 are also good choices.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 17, 2014 @ 11:02 PM
Bad_Mister
Total Posts:  36620
Joined  07-30-2002

MIDI files can vary greatly, it depends on what YOU put in them. Now, if you don’t know what your Ableton program puts in there you should either read up on this or contact them. Basically, if your goal is to import that file to any other program it would be wise to leave out any proprietary information, don’t give up, that’s not a smart way to succeed. Try setting the preferences for creating the MIDI file… You want to avoid markers, or other Ableton only functions, they will not translate to other devices.

Or ask in an Ableton forum, someone undoubtedly has not given up, and has succeeded… I’m willing to bet.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 18, 2014 @ 11:05 AM
perkdaddy
Joined  12-21-2013

Thanks for the response and suggestions.  I found out that Ableton puts a “lil” proprietary information in the midi file that was unbeknownst to me. Now I’ll just export the “naked” midi file to my flash drive.

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ MOXF6 key action
Next Topic:

Problem solved thank you ››