mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Create New Arp using simple note sequence"

Posted on: April 14, 2014 @ 08:31 PM
rasikaw
Total Posts:  59
Joined  11-10-2010

Can someone please quickly guide me on how to Create New Arp using my own note sequence?
I need to create my own bass pattern, and it has to be chord aware, so I can assign an instrument for that arp and use for live performance.
Thanks so much in advance!!

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 14, 2014 @ 10:51 PM
richie1027
Total Posts:  686
Joined  10-14-2008

Ok.  I don’t have manual but here’s what I recall doing lately.  BM or similar will chime in with corrections and clarification

In pattern mode, record the 1-4 bars you want to use.  I believe there is a 16note limit, or something like that

Then push JOB button, select track, and I think #7 Put Track to Arpeggio

This screen will allow you to name it and set parameters.  Select the measures you want to “convert” to arpeggio
Such as 1-2 or 1-3 or 2-4. 

This is where my language may not be on target, but in order to make it key/chord specific, you select the key with the lowest note played in the pattern you recorded.  So if you recorded a bass line of 12 random note, your KEY selection on the right side of screen would be the lowest note you played (I’m pretty sure).

On bottom grid you are given three types of arpeggio options.  Pick the ORG or original note option.  You could experiment with all three but I suspect this will be the one you want.  Then ENTER and it’s saved.  The process is quick once you try it a couple times.  Like I said, experiment with a simple 6-8 note ditty over 2 measures.

Once you creat one, try it and see if it indeed is chord intelligent.  I put about 50 together last month from a midi loop package and it worked real nice.

I’m pulling all this from memory and my terms may not be accurate so proceed with caution and at your own risk

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 15, 2014 @ 11:18 AM
jazz.preest
Total Posts:  263
Joined  06-06-2013

Richie’s right - you’ll want to work with the Original Note arpeggio.

Click on this link - Arpeggios Explored - Part 1 - for a detailed discussion on working with the arpeggios.

In the article, the Original Note arpeggio type is described as follows:

“Original Note” converted arpeggio types will play exactly what you input when you create the phrase, but will adjust the notes in the phrase according to the musical Key and Chord tense (major, minor, dominant, augmented, diminished) of the controlling trigger notes. This is wonderful for bass lines, chord comping, etc.

Note that you won’t be able to create arpeggios with the same level of “chord intelligence” as the _ES and _XS type arpeggios (described in the above article). Bad_Mister explains why in This Link.

However, maybe one of the _ES or _XS arpeggio presets will provide a walking bassline you could use during your live performance - one of the jazz or R&B;genre arps?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 16, 2014 @ 10:29 AM
rasikaw
Joined  11-10-2010

Thank you so much!!
I will give it a try and let you know.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 17, 2014 @ 03:41 PM
rasikaw
Joined  11-10-2010

I do not see the option to convert to arp in #7
I have the latest version of Motif OS (V1.5)

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 17, 2014 @ 04:02 PM
5pinDIN
Total Posts:  11891
Joined  09-16-2010
rasikaw - 17 April 2014 03:41 PM

I do not see the option to convert to arp in #7
I have the latest version of Motif OS (V1.5)

[PATTERN] > [JOB] > [F5](Track), then select 07:Put Track to Arpeggio.

See page 164 of the XF Reference Manual.

[ Ignore ]