mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Editor and Rack XS WILL NOT SYNC"

Posted on: March 23, 2014 @ 02:57 PM
jiggy
Total Posts:  3
Joined  03-23-2014

Motif Rack XS
Windows 7 Pro 64 Bit SP1
Rack Editor VST 1.3.0
Studio Manager 2.3.1

Now that I have installed the Editor V1.3 (instead of V1.4 or V1.6) I can launch it from within the Studio Manager.

I cannot however, get it to sync. 

I’ve put the rack in the workspace in SM and have checked ports 1 and 4 in the midi settings on both sides.  No worky.

In accordance with another thread on here....I tried it with port 3 checked on both sides also.  Still no worky.

And I’ve set the ports up in the Editor IAW a couple other answers on Motifator.  Still no worky!!

What is going on?  Please help?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 23, 2014 @ 03:27 PM
nbadesign
Total Posts:  994
Joined  08-20-2007

jiggy - 23 March 2014 02:57 PM

Motif Rack XS
Windows 7 Pro 64 Bit SP1
Rack Editor VST 1.3.0
Studio Manager 2.3.1

Now that I have installed the Editor V1.3 (instead of V1.4 or V1.6) I can launch it from within the Studio Manager.

I cannot however, get it to sync. 

I’ve put the rack in the workspace in SM and have checked ports 1 and 4 in the midi settings on both sides.  No worky.

In accordance with another thread on here....I tried it with port 3 checked on both sides also.  Still no worky.

And I’ve set the ports up in the Editor IAW a couple other answers on Motifator.  Still no worky!!

What is going on?  Please help?

You didn’t provide the latest important information. Which Cubase version are you using? If you check Release notes, you will find that Editor v.1.3 is not supported buy versions higher that Cubase 5.5.
Since your OS is Win7 SP1, you should upgrade to v1.6.3 to have the needed compatibility.

Alex

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 23, 2014 @ 04:05 PM
Bad_Mister
Total Posts:  36620
Joined  07-30-2002

Sorry for your difficulty, but the VST Editor never will, never did and is not designed to run in Studio Manager. So the fact that you cannot get it to show up is not unusual, at all.

Back before v1.6.0 there were 2 separate versions. One worked with Studio Manager, the other was the VST.
With the introduction of 1.6.0 (and later) Studio Manager was eliminated unless you have old (legacy) products.

If you are running Studio Manager we need to ask: why?

Is there a legacy product (01x, i88X, n8/n12 version 1.02 or earlier, or an “0"- series or “DM"-series mixer with an MY16-mLAN expansion board) that you need to use Studio Manager. If not, you can update to the newest version:
Motif-Rack XS Editor Standalone/VST v1.6.3

The Standalone launch replaces the need for Studio Manager when running the Editor without a vst3 compatible DAW Host application (like Cubase). If you are running Cubase you no longer need the Studio Manager you simply launch the Editor VST as an External VST Instrument.

Let us know and we can make a recommendation about how to get everything running properly.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 23, 2014 @ 04:37 PM
jiggy
Joined  03-23-2014

Ok.  Back at V1.6 Editor now.  No Studio Manager.

Will the editor not work without a DAW?  I’m not interested in the DAW and doesn’t make since that it should be REQUIRED. 

I’m only interested in control of parameters in the Rack....not sequencing or recording.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 23, 2014 @ 05:22 PM
Stephen Kay
Total Posts:  169
Joined  01-13-2011

Make sure that in the Rack, UTILITY > MIDI 2/6 > Receive Bulk = on.

- Stephen Kay
KARMA Developer
Check out the KARMA Motif Software for the Rack-XS!

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 23, 2014 @ 05:28 PM
jiggy
Joined  03-23-2014

Wow....cool.  Thank you so much Stephen Kay.  Had that off with some other stuff to keep things from changing when I make changes on my master controller.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 24, 2014 @ 02:11 AM
Bad_Mister
Total Posts:  36620
Joined  07-30-2002

Will the editor not work without a DAW?  I’m not interested in the DAW and doesn’t make since that it should be REQUIRED.

The Editor is called “Motif-Rack XS Editor Standalone/VST v1.6.3” because you can run it either “Standalone” without a DAW, or you can run it “VST” within in a VST3 compatible DAW.

To launch it Standalone, simply double Motif-Rack XS Editor icon, the Editor launches as a standalone program (which literally means without a DAW, without a host application like Studio Manager). Therefore Studio Manager is no longer necessary.

To launch it within a DAW you launch it inside the program same as you would any soft-synth.

Also it is highly unlikely that your master keyboard controller could send Bulk messages that would send the system exclusive messages that caused the Rack XS to reprogram, and you will need that communication to make the Editor run properly.

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Rack-XS Stand-Alone Editor Audition Help
Next Topic:

need help with motif rack xs firewire ››