mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Sampling for the MOXF Flash Board"

Posted on: November 13, 2013 @ 09:26 AM
Lucartl
Total Posts:  17
Joined  10-20-2002

Hi, I’m about to buy the MOXF, but I have got also a couple of hardware synth that I would like to sample and then prepare a file that I can install in the moxf flash board.

My idea was to use extreme sample converter or sample robot ( any suggestion on which one?, I think both do the same automated stuff), and then use, if I’m correct, john melas waveform editor to save the results of the sampling in a format suitable for the flash board of the moxf. Which format? I am going to sample voices, by the way.

So, can be done in this way? Any tip or trick. Any problem that I can encounter with this process?
Any documentation that I can look at to understand better what to do? I have never sampled anything.

I’m sure there is some of tou that got the knolegde to do so and would be so kind to help me.

Also I have seen “Bad Mister” on you tube demo the moxf and using some recording of his voice loaded on the flash board. Any idea how to achieve that? Or is only a question to save a wav file of the recording and save it as drum voice? Or there is another way?

Regards.

Luca

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: November 13, 2013 @ 03:56 PM
Bad_Mister
Total Posts:  36620
Joined  07-30-2002

The MOXF does not have a built-in sampler. It does have the ability to load audio in the form of Motif XF compatible WAVEFORMS. So this means that Sample Voice libraries, properly prepared for the Motif XF will be able to be loaded into the MOXF.

Audio that you record yourself, for example, the MOXF is an audio and MIDI interface for your PC or Mac computer. This means you can connect a mic, a guitar, a bass, a mixer, any mono or stereo audio source to the A/D INPUTS and you can record that audio to the included Cubase AI7 DAW software. You can export audio from your computer (as a 16-bit/44.1kHz audio file). This can be imported (loaded) into the MOXF.

You can load individual .wav or aiff format files directly to a WAVEFORM of the MOXF. So, yes you can load samples created at 16-bit/ with sample rates up to 44.1kHz.

If you record yourself singing or playing a guitar to a Cubase Project, you can export that audio and place it at the appropriate point in your music sequence (you can take the magic of the studio with you to the stage).

While editing on board the MOXF is limited (it does not have a sampler) you can import data to a MOXF Waveform… typical use would be to place individual audio loops on keys of a Drum Kit, or individual one shot audio clips, percussion/drum instrument sounds, etc.

As far as mapping key ranges that cannot be done on-board the MOXF. Key mapping is the process of creating a multi-sampled Waveform (this would be done when creating an instrument like a flute, or piano). That is not available on-board the MOXF (as it would in the Motif XF), but is available in the third party Editors where you can create Motif XF compatible files.

Eventually you may see Waveform Editors that create MOXF files.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: November 15, 2013 @ 11:37 AM
Lucartl
Total Posts:  17
Joined  10-20-2002

Hello Bad Mister....

Thank you very much for your quick and clear reply, and sorry about my delay in answering you.

I read trough your reply very carefully and I have now understood what I can and what I cannot do with the moxf. I can see now that a workaround would be to record other parts from other hardware trough the audio card of the moxf into the pc, than take them witth me, eventually, putting them in the moxf flash board. Assigning them to a drum voice and playing them or record them in the sequeceencer giving them trigger poinnts. That is very good! Still, I would like to be able to multisample some other hardware put them in the moxf flash board and playing them as normal voices using the vcm effects of the moxf. You have said that is possible to achieve that with thitd party software. Thanks for that. I hope somebody will allso giving me some advice about the procedure that I want to use, mentioned by me in my first post, and also about the third party software that I was thinking to use. I have send an email to John Melas, but so far no reply. Well, will see.
Maybe I’m asking the wrong questions. I’m totally new to multisampling, unfortunately.

Well, thanks again Bad Mister. You have answered me a couple of times in the past, and I have to say, your work with yamaha, and your courtesy, and the people in this forum, make the yamaha products, so much more......likeable....and you know that you are not....alone. :-) That is one of the reasons I want to go back to the motif.......the classic was so good, and if I had the space to put it somewhere just to have it, I would buy another used one. By the way...I didn’t sell it. It was stolen from my house. Sad days.

Anyway. Regards.... Luca

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Sampling Uses
Next Topic:

Sampling for XF in 48k instead of 44.1k ››