mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "loading and saving a single sample(wav) as a user voice, then assigning that voice(sample) to performance"

Posted on: May 28, 2013 @ 03:56 PM
cpher2003
Total Posts:  3
Joined  02-02-2005

I have a motif xf8. I’ve loaded multi samples in the past, but am having trouble loading and saving a single sample. Here is an example of what I am trying to accomplish.
I have a wav of the helicopter sound in the beginning of pink floyds “another brick in the wall”. I have a performance patch set up for a good b3 sound for the rest of the song, but want to load that wav and save as a voice, then assign it to the performance mentioned earlier. maybe to the very lowest key on the xf8 so it will be out of the way when I use the b3 sound. Ive tried to initialize the user voice like you do when editing a performance, but the initialized voice defaults to a piano sound and I am unsuccessful in loading the wav to that user voice. please help!!!!!!

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: May 28, 2013 @ 05:01 PM
meatballfulton
Total Posts:  3022
Joined  01-25-2005

See page 69 of the reference manual.

Initialize the voice. Press EDIT and select Element 1. From the [F1]Oscillator screen, set the Wave Bank to USR and the Wave Number to wherever you stored your sample. Set Note Limit to only the key you want to use to trigger the sample.

Turn all other elements of the voice off by setting their Element Switch to OFF.

Then set up the filter and amplifier as needed.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: May 28, 2013 @ 05:20 PM
cpher2003
Total Posts:  3
Joined  02-02-2005

forgot to mention, the wav files are on a thumb drive, so where do I load them or do I load them to the initialized voice?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: May 28, 2013 @ 05:34 PM
Bad_Mister
Total Posts:  36620
Joined  07-30-2002

Okay, here is what you need to do.

_ you are going to import the sample directly into the Motif XF SDRAM, and directly into a USER DRUM Kit
The reason is a Drum kit will give you the most control over triggering an audio clip, plus it will be easier to place it on a specific key.

_ I’m going to recommend you use two notes at the bottom of the keyboard: one to trigger the audio, the other as a safety “off” key just in case…

Call up a USER DRUM kit in Voice mode
Press [FILE]
Set the TYPE = wav
Select your .wav and direct it to the UDR (User Drum) kit, KEY = A0 (this is the lowest “A” in a drum kit, we will shift the octave in the Performance).

When you have the wav name highlighted use the RIGHT CURSOR to move down where you can set the target. You want to load the wav in question to a specific KEY within the User Drum Kit.
Press [F2] LOAD

By loading the sample directly into the Drum Kit we have selected the Key which will trigger this audio at its original Pitch. We can now edit the drum Key so that behaves as you need.

Press [VOICE] to return to Voice mode
Press [EDIT]
Press number button [1] to view the KEY parameters
Touch A0 to recall your sample
Press [F1] OSCILLATOR
Set Trigger Mode = single _ only one instance of the audio will play
Set Receive Note Off = off _ the entire audio clip can be made to play without holding the key down
Set Alternate Group = 1 _ this will allow any other key in this Group to end audio playback

Press [F4] AMPLITUDE
Set the Level Velocity Sensitivity = +0 _ this will allow the audio to play at the LEVEL you set just above this parameter so you can preset the playback volume.

Notice the AEG “Decay 2” parameter is set to HOLD… This allows the entire audio clip to play from a single note-on event.

Set the KEY A#0 to Alternate Group 1, this will be the Key that you can use to stop playback in an emergency. You can set the LEVEL = 0 so that it truly is a silent Key.

Press [STORE]

Now create a Performance with the Voice you want to play in PART 1 mapped to the keyboard from B-1 through G8… This is done with the PERFORMANCE parameters. [EDIT] > select the PART number [1], press [F1] VOICE > [SF1] VOICE
And make the second Part the User Drum Kit mapped to A-1 through A#1, also you will want to NOTE SHIFT the Drum PART +12 so that the sample we loaded to A0 will now sound from your lowest key A-1

Hope that helps.

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Question on AWM and AWM2 Synths
Next Topic:

Sampling Uses ››