mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Compatible USB Wi-FI Adapters for XF"

Posted on: June 21, 2011 @ 02:13 PM
Igglethorpe
Total Posts:  163
Joined  11-20-2010

Where is the list for the compatible USB WI-FI adapters?  I can’t seem to find it on yamahasynth.com

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: June 21, 2011 @ 02:22 PM
VikasSharma
Total Posts:  1523
Joined  10-05-2010

http://download.yamaha.com/file/48197

Regards,
Vikas

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: June 21, 2011 @ 02:54 PM
Igglethorpe
Joined  11-20-2010

Thanks for that!  Ordered the tiny tiny buffalo adapter listed.  It won’t stick out of the XF at all.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: June 21, 2011 @ 02:54 PM
papaphoenix
Total Posts:  1614
Joined  03-09-2004

Thank you for the link my Trendnet TEW-649UB seems not working with the XF.
Fortunately, it’s work fine with an usb connection from usb to host to the ipad.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: June 22, 2011 @ 09:33 AM
elpiulas
Total Posts:  11
Joined  03-31-2011

Thank you for the link. I have two stick and did not work for me:

Linksys WUSB600N (not working)
Wlan USB 2.0 CT-WN4322Z (No brand, is the one that comes
with some Jazztel ADSL kits in Spain)

I just ordered a Edimax EW-7711UAn.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: June 22, 2011 @ 01:08 PM
VikasSharma
Joined  10-05-2010

I bought a Buffalo Wireless-N Nfiniti USB Adapter (WLI-UC-GN). I’m able to connect my Win7 64-bit PC with my XF6 through the wireless connection in ad hoc mode.

Now the same old story:
I can ping the XF from my PC without any issue. Sent 1000 packets, received 1000, Lost 0%. Average round trip time = 1ms. I can access the media and theme folders on my XF from my PC. But I just can’t access anything on my PC from the XF. When I try to mount in FILE mode, I get the message ”Can’t access to the host.” (as was the case with Ethernet).

Any official word from Yamaha Bad_Mister? Remember you told us you would get an official word from Yamaha regarding connectivity with Windows 7.

Anyone else who could successfully connect their XF to a Win7 system, please help.

Regards,
Vikas

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: June 22, 2011 @ 04:09 PM
VikasSharma
Joined  10-05-2010

Success!

Please see my other post. The wireless connection works like a charm with my Windows 7 PC and I’m really happy.

Thanks everyone and especially Yamaha folks for this wonderful feature! It feels nice.

Regards,
Vikas

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: June 24, 2011 @ 01:03 AM
Igglethorpe
Joined  11-20-2010

Hmmmmm....

I received my Buffalo WLI-UC-GNM and have been unable to get wireless to work in either infrastructure or ad-hoc.  I know a thing or two about networks and have everything configured.  Whenever I try to “receive” from the keyboard into the iPad app I get a “timeout error.”

This wifi adapter was only 12 bucks so no big deal if it doesn’t work.  At this point, I would like some verifications on what everyone is using so we can get a real world successful list going.

As of right now, the WLI-UC-GNM (which is officially supported and tested) does not work.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: June 24, 2011 @ 01:46 AM
VikasSharma
Joined  10-05-2010
Igglethorpe - 24 June 2011 01:03 AM

I received my Buffalo WLI-UC-GNM and have been unable to get wireless to work in either infrastructure or ad-hoc. I know a thing or two about networks and have everything configured.

Would be very difficult to provide any inputs without further details about your setup and configuration. I’m using Buffalo WLI-UC-GN adapter (cost me $20 here in India) in ad hoc mode with WEP security protocol to connect to my Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit Dell Studio XPS 1340 Laptop and, as I said, it works. Had an issue in connecting earlier but got it resolved after uninstalling Windows Live Essentials 2011.

Regards,
Vikas

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: June 24, 2011 @ 10:47 AM
Igglethorpe
Joined  11-20-2010

Well, that is just it.  There is no special setup or configuration with an iPad, especially when you setup via adhoc.  In this case, everyone will be running the same setup.  My computer has nothing to do with the wireless connectivity at this point.  I also don’t plan to use wireless as my means of ALL file transfer and wav file streaming to my computer.  I’m simply setting up the Motif as adhoc (no encryption because WEP is broken and hackable in 30 seconds) and configuring my iPad to find the SSID of my Motif and connecting to it.

After which I load the app (in this case Voice Editor), configure the Motif device in setup and push “receive.”

I figured if it doesn’t work in adhoc mode, it certainly won’t work in infrastructure (which is the case).

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: June 24, 2011 @ 12:47 PM
jxsbebop
Total Posts:  191
Joined  08-06-2010
VikasSharma - 24 June 2011 01:46 AM
Igglethorpe - 24 June 2011 01:03 AM

I received my Buffalo WLI-UC-GNM and have been unable to get wireless to work in either infrastructure or ad-hoc. I know a thing or two about networks and have everything configured.

Would be very difficult to provide any inputs without further details about your setup and configuration. I’m using Buffalo WLI-UC-GN adapter (cost me $20 here in India) in ad hoc mode with WEP security protocol to connect to my Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit Dell Studio XPS 1340 Laptop and, as I said, it works. Had an issue in connecting earlier but got it resolved after uninstalling Windows Live Essentials 2011.

Regards,
Vikas

I got mine to work without uninstalling Windows Live Essentials.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: June 24, 2011 @ 01:47 PM
VikasSharma
Joined  10-05-2010
jxsbebop - 24 June 2011 12:47 PM

Which version of Windows are you using?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: June 24, 2011 @ 02:17 PM
jxsbebop
Total Posts:  191
Joined  08-06-2010
VikasSharma - 24 June 2011 01:47 PM
jxsbebop - 24 June 2011 12:47 PM

Which version of Windows are you using?

Windows 7 x64 ultimate edition.  I believe I found the Local Security Policy setting that needs to be adjusted, but I’m not certain of the exact setting.  I planned on doing some testing but it requires going back to the previous image and trying it again to confirm.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: June 25, 2011 @ 05:53 AM
elpiulas
Total Posts:  11
Joined  03-31-2011

Now I am “Connected”.

I received today the Edimax EW-7711UAn adapter. I do use MacOSX Snow Leopard and a Comtrend ADSL Router. After configuring OSX for file sharing and configuring the Motif XF in ifrastructure I was able to do file sharing over my XF and OSX without any problem (wav recording/playing and writing/loading soundbanks).

I am waiting for my Ipad2 (ordered 1 week ago) and try the new APPS.

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ New York, NY Yamaha Synth Days
Next Topic:

XF backward compatibility with XS voices- NOT! ››