mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Ozone 4"

Posted on: February 10, 2009 @ 03:34 AM
KyleB
Total Posts:  2722
Joined  12-03-2002

got it this weekend and the biggest change i see is not hogging up all my CPU. i have it as an audio fx in sonar which makes it pretty smooth to work.
so far it doesn’t seem too much different than Ozone 3 but i need to play around with it more.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 10, 2009 @ 07:51 AM
PeterG
Total Posts:  2052
Joined  01-30-2004

Re: Ozone 4

I never had Ozone 3 but I will probably get 4.  I have downloaded the demo and am going through it with the pdf tutor. Seems pretty good to me. I would be interested to see what you think of it.

I’m using it as a plug-in to Cubase, is that the same as yourself?

Peter

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 10, 2009 @ 11:04 AM
KyleB
Joined  12-03-2002

yes with sonar 6....

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 11, 2009 @ 09:23 AM
DavePolich
Total Posts:  6820
Joined  07-27-2002

I have both Ozone 3 and Ozone 4 and I’m done using Ozone 3.

The GUI’s may look “similar”, but there are some major differences between the two. The biggest is the “Intelligent II” mode in the maximizer section. Switch to that, you’ll hear a big difference in
clarity, detail, and transparency. I don’t know why anyone would ever
use anything other than the “Intelligent II” mode, it’s that good.

You now have Mid/Side processing in all modules. Call up the EQ, make it active, then change the round orange “Stereo” icon to the blue “Mid” icon. When you do this, you can then apply a different EQ curve to just the middle of your mix. The sides can have their own independent EQ’s. You can do this with the compressor/limiter and
the stereo imager as well.

Mid/Side processing is a really big deal once you get into it. Ever want to compress or EQ just the vocal area? Now you can, without
affecting the left and right sides. Or conversely, do you want to widen just the frequencies above 6khz? Now you can. This is the
kind of processing found on much more expensive mastering systems like Cedar or Sonic Solutions.

The preset system has been changed, and there is a “quick edit” slider for the presets, which adjusts a combination of parameters instantly.

I think Ozone4 will win some tech awards this year. It’s a big change from Ozone3, for me anyway.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 11, 2009 @ 11:25 AM
PeterG
Total Posts:  2052
Joined  01-30-2004

Thanks, Dave.  I’ll try those things you mention with the demo (I still have a few days left!).  I can’t find a manual on the site so I’m using the Ozone Mastering Guide.  However, it relates to Ozone 3, and thus does not discuss Intelligent II.  Is there a downloadable manual anywhere?

Peter

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 11, 2009 @ 04:17 PM
DavePolich
Total Posts:  6820
Joined  07-27-2002

Several guides and resources on this page for Ozone 4:

[url=http://www.izotope.com/support/]http://www.izotope.com/support/ [/url]

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 12, 2009 @ 03:20 AM
The Funk Master
Total Posts:  3686
Joined  11-26-2007

Man, I’ve been using Ozone 3 on all my mixes, along with Sonar 6, and I tell ya, if Ozone 4 is better, and simpler, I totally going to enjoy this.

Thanks for the heads up Kyle to the B.
I have that demo, with ten days on it.
I’m going to put it through it’s paces today..LOL

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 12, 2009 @ 05:34 AM
KyleB
Joined  12-03-2002

thanks Dave. there is a lot of new things on Ozone 4 from the demo on the website. it’s going to take me a while to figure this mid/side processing out.
i normally take the easy way out and use the presets LOL

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 13, 2009 @ 09:35 PM
BajaCapt
Total Posts:  326
Joined  03-25-2008

It is great to read on Ozone 4 being better than 3, I been using 3 and I been very happy with it, but again, any and all improvements are always a welcome thing…
Gonna spend some time reading on this, thanks for the input here!

Jose.

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Qaradawi hopes for another Holocaust
Next Topic:

Forum etiquette: Please Read This ››