mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Main Outputs-Acting Funny (Brad or Bad….Help!)"

Posted on: February 09, 2009 @ 02:03 PM
nightrain
Total Posts:  0
Joined  02-20-2005

I don’t know what’s going on.  When I have both left & right plugs from my monitors to the main outs in the ES, I only get sound out of the right side.  If I only plug in the left or the right, then all works fine individually but the problem is with both monitor plugs in.  I use mLAN interfacing my ES to Sonar which I thought my settings had something to do with it, but when I changed to “MIDI” in utility vs “mLAN”, I still get the same results...where the sound generated in the ES still comes out as noted above.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!  This is SO frustrating at a time like this when I need to get some music out the door.

Thanks.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 10, 2009 @ 04:58 AM
nightrain
Joined  02-20-2005

Re: Main Outputs-Acting Funny (Brad or Bad..Help!)

No thoughts yet from any viewers?  My longshot guess is that there’s a problem with my main output connections.  If this may be the case, is there any way to test/verify that there is an electrical issue with the main output connections? 

Also what would be the workaround until I can get the ES serviced...use assignable L&R outputs?  I can get both monitors working by pulling out the left output cable slightly but I believe this only allows the left to tap into the right because left panning still does not work on the ES or in Sonar (via mLAN).

Thanks

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 10, 2009 @ 06:53 AM
msr
Total Posts:  250
Joined  03-31-2006

A little more info might be helpful.  Are you experiencing these problems after you load an .ALL file?  Have you tried listening to the output directly from the headphone jack with and without anything plugged into the Mains?  Also, which mode are you working in?  Song mode?  Voice mode?  You might also try a factory reset to see if that solves the problem.

msr

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 10, 2009 @ 12:44 PM
nightrain
Joined  02-20-2005

I performed the factory reset.  I did test the signal with headphones and the sound is coming out of just the left side.  I do have a i88x that I will add to my chain and use for main outs but I still don’t know what’s wrong the ES.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 11, 2009 @ 07:07 AM
Bad_Mister
Total Posts:  36620
Joined  07-30-2002

Re: Main Outputs-Acting Funny (Brad or Bad....Help!)

In your most recent post you say: “I performed the factory reset. I did test the signal with headphones and the sound is coming out of just the left side.”

This seems to contradict this statement: “I only plug in the left or the right, then all works fine individually but the problem is with both monitor plugs in.”

Try just testing your Motif ES without the computer in the loop at all. Simple Motif ES, LOCAL CONTROL ON, direct to your speakers.

Verify visually that you are connected to the correct jacks (cannot tell you how many users miss the L/R jacks and use the headphone and Left jacks by mistake).

With the Left and Right OUTPUTS connected directly to your monitor speakers do the following test: Please follow exactly.... You should lower the volume - as test tones can be quite piercing…

Power down the Motif ES
Hold [RECORD] + [REMOTE ON/OFF] and power on the unit. Continue to hold the buttons down…
Let go when the “Motif ES Test Program” appears.

Press [ENTER] to start the test program
Use the [INC/YES] button to advance to TEST #13: OUTPUT-L
Press [ENTER] to send a test tone to the Left Channel
Press [EXIT] to end test 13

Use the [INC/YES] button to advance to TEST #14: OUTPUT-R
Press [ENTER] to send a test one to the Right Channel
Press [EXIT] to end test 14

Use the [INC/YES] button to advance to #29 EXIT
Press [ENTER]
Press [YES] to complete and reboot.

Let us know.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 11, 2009 @ 07:35 AM
nightrain
Joined  02-20-2005

Re: Main Outputs-Acting Funny (Brad or Bad....Help!)

Thanks a million Bad_Mister.  I’ll try this test out when I get home from work.  To answer your questions: yes I did connect the cables in the right place and yes I did try using just the ES with local control “on” with my monitors (less PC)...same results.  I will let you know the outcome.

I am able to work though because I connected my i88x in the mLAN chain and used the main outputs of this unit for my monitor connection.  I’m just curious what’s up with the ES.

Thanks again!

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Creating a Drum Kit Help Required
Next Topic:

Motif to ES conversion ››