mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "FC7 for emulating the foot pedal on organs"

Posted on: February 04, 2009 @ 01:32 PM
derogis
Total Posts:  8
Joined  10-06-2006

Hi,

First, I would like to thanks all the peaople that contribute to this site, I own a Mo8 for 2 years now and I have always find the responses to my questions in this forum or in the material provided on this site.

I bought recently a FC7 pedal in order to have a more “complete” experience playing organ sounds on my Mo8. I discovered that setting the pedal in the utlility->voice->ctlasn to volume or expression did not do the job, because when moving the pedal the sound level move by stairs producing clics in the sound. I tried then to program the volume control in the voices using the ctrl set section. I discovered that controlling the parameter volume produce clics here as well, but that the ELM-Lvl parameter allow to have a smooth volume variation without clics, so I followed this direction. In order to have the pedal working I have to set the volume of all the elements to 0. My problem here was that the relative volume of the differents element in the voice was the same and that the four sliders and the two assign knob (when set to control ELM-Lvl) stop working as expected. I founded a fix for the first issue using the gain parameter of the filter or the levels of the amp envelope the adjust the output level of each element, but did not find solution to the assign and slider knob issue.

The reason of my post is that regarding the complexity of my “volume control solution” I am quit sure that I missed something somewhere and that it is perhaps better to ask for advices here.

Then any help helping me using my FC7 for volume control without clics will be greatly appreciate.

Best Regards,

Philippe.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 04, 2009 @ 02:04 PM
sciuriware
Total Posts:  9999
Joined  08-18-2003

Re: FC7 for emulating the foot pedal on organs

Without any programming I put my FC7 in FC1: perfect.

;JOOP!

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 04, 2009 @ 02:39 PM
derogis
Joined  10-06-2006

hi sciuriware,

Thank for your help. Connecting the FC7 to FC1 and play was the first thing I did too. But as I was saying with this setup there are audible clics when moving the pedal, the volume does not change smoothly, which is very anoying when moving contantly the pedal with a soft hammond sound. Did you expermiment the same “littles clics” with your setup ? 

Philippe.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 04, 2009 @ 10:45 PM
sciuriware
Total Posts:  9999
Joined  08-18-2003

Never, your FC7 must have a ‘problem’.

;JOOP!

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 05, 2009 @ 07:28 AM
Wastrel
Total Posts:  630
Joined  10-22-2004

I agree. I use the FC7 on my MO6 organ patches all the time and it works flawlessly.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 05, 2009 @ 01:21 PM
derogis
Joined  10-06-2006

Re: FC7 for emulating the foot pedal on organs *DELETED*

Post deleted by derogis

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 05, 2009 @ 02:43 PM
derogis
Joined  10-06-2006

Hi, in order to explain better what’s happen to me, and hopfully to try to find people that can help me to fix my situation I attach to this post a sound example illustrating what I mean with “clics” and “volume does not change smoothly”.

I have use for the sound exemple the preset Green Tea of the ROM and set the FC1 to acte on expression (CC11) this is the default setting. I played a C1 and then change the volume using the FC7. The sound was directly recorded thrue the spdif output of the mo8 in my daw.

Did somebody ever had this sort of issue ???

Thanks,

Philippe

As the upload of files seems to be out of service you can get the sound exemple from this link

[url=http://www.neufgiga.com/n/50-17/share/LNK8920498b6d5e65cb7/]http://www.neufgiga.com/n/50-17/share/LNK8920498b6d5e65cb7/ [/url]

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 11, 2009 @ 01:03 PM
derogis
Joined  10-06-2006

Hi,

I have checked my pedal at my local shop and it seems to be ok. Anyone else had this volume crakles issue with a Mo8? Please Bad_Mister? Brad Weber? no idea?

Thanks

Philippe.

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ scaling pan
Next Topic:

Short tutorial on GM files ››