mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "assignable outs"

Posted on: January 12, 2009 @ 09:42 PM
k9lb
Total Posts:  999
Joined  01-31-2006

Hello again.
I’m sure this has already been answered but I can’t find it in the manual or the website.
I’ll be doing a live gig with a drummer who needs a click track.
I want to use one of the assignable outs just for the click to go to the drummers personal mixer.
I do want to be able to continue to hear percussion tracks through the stereo outs of the Motif into the main mixer. 
Your help please.
Thanks,
Wayne

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 13, 2009 @ 08:31 AM
BradWeber
Total Posts:  14986
Joined  07-26-2002

Re: assignable outs

Since any part routed to the assignable outputs is removed from the main mix, you will need to create a separate “click” track for the drummer and route it to the assignable outputs. If you want the same percussion track in the main mix, then you can always copy that track to the one you are going to route to the assignable outputs. Or you could simply assign two parts of your multi to respond to the same MIDI input channel and thereby duplicate the percussion track

The routing for the parts of a multi is set via the Outsel parameter on the Multi-->part edit-->Output page, while the MIDI channel that each part responds to is set via the RcvCh parameter on the Multi-->part edit-->Voice page .

Regards,

Brad Weber /forums/images/icons/cool.gif alt=

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 13, 2009 @ 12:54 PM
k9lb
Total Posts:  999
Joined  01-31-2006

Re: assignable outs

Thanks for the response Brad.
With your help I found the parameter to change within the multi.
I’ll do some tests and see if it works.

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Voice List / Multi Part Editor
Next Topic:

Motif Rack OS Update and Multi Part Editor ››